cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Closet warriors fans

I lived in the Bay Area for 15 years and very rarely did you see someone sporting Warriors gear. Ironically enough the 15 years i lived their very rarely did you see a gay person who was out of the closet.

Now i am back 10 years later, and every other person is either gay, or wearing warriors gear or both. Its amazing how many people have jumped on the bandwagon for GoldenState.

I talked to a guy in this sports store and he said the had in 500 We Believe! T-shirts for Golden State and they sold out in 15 minutes. He also said they have sold out of all of their Baron Davis Jerseys and even their Patrick O'bryant (hasnt got off the bench all year) jerseys are sold out. He told me some of the Baron Davis jerseys have been sitting on the shelves for years.

Also i went to the Giants game last night and let me tell you their is not a better stadium in baseball, that is about as state of the art as it gets. If you havent been you need to make a trip out there.

Of course at the Giants game the Warriors mascot came out during the 7th inning stretch and recieved the loudest applause of the night, especially from the lesbian couple behind us.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

It's generally the nature of fans to be bandwagoners. It's a lot more fun to be a part of the winning side. I just couldn't help but smile how you drew a parallel to Warriors fans and gays.

As for the best stadium in baseball, I suppose deciding which is the best is relative. I've yet to see a Giants game at SBC Park and I'm sure the facility is nice, but there is no way, IMO, that it can compare to seeing a game at Wrigley, Fenway or even Yankee Stadium because of the atmosphere and history at those stadiums.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote