cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:43 AM   #11
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Utah is not building a team around him -he is a part of the team. Ultimately perhaps his character will reveal that's not good enough. However, the jazz control his contract for the next several years -he will not have a choice to go any where else

If they keep the essential peices in place and pick up an athletic two guard they will make a run.

NBA players love the visit Toronto -they just don't want to live in Canada. With the ammounts of money players are making these days as compared to durring Ronny Seikly's NBA tenure, living in SLC isn't all that bad especially when you can get a $100 or less flight to vegas any time you feel the urge.

There are worse places to live in the NBA right now.
There may be worse places. But I am also not a young 20 something year old African American either. I'll leave it at that so as not to make any more wide sweeping generalizations to make me appear more Grapevinian than I care to be described as.

They're not building now, but it's going to require some coin to keep him in Utah. I wonder if they can pay that amount and also enough other players around him to continue playing at the level they achieved this season.

Sorry I am not Lingo enough here for you.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 AM   #12
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I really do like both players and to be honest if I had the choice of either right now it'd be a difficult decision. But if this were draft day, based on college and potential, there is no way I would have taken Williams over Paul if both were on the board.

I really don't think CP3 is the punk you paint him to be either. It'd be tough to be playing and happy in his situation. DWill is in a much better situation.

Utah fans are dreaming if they think they can maintain this team and keep them together for a serious run. And this season isn't a run. The stars aligned for the perfect storm and their trip to the Western Conference Finals (they should and will beat GS) is more luck than anything. It's not always money, and even if Utah has it to pay, what makes Utah more attractive than the big city teams?
Every team with a deep run needs some luck. Look at the Cardinals winning the WS last year.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:28 AM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously I was wrong on Felton, but time will tell on Paul.

Did anyone see D Will and play in college? I was always more impressed with D Brown than I was Williams. He was overweight and struggled keeping in front of guys defensively.

Hopefully he stays in Utah. I see him playing out his contract and moving to another team.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Considering the Jazz can pay him more than anyone else, LHM better open his wallet and pay what it takes to keep him.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Malone is an Uncle Tom. And yes the Jazz were fortunate.
I don't know if you're joking about Malone or not.

SLC is what it is. If a player doesn't want to be here, I really don't care.

That said, I have to wonder why a young AA Jazz player or two don't take some of his money and open a club or whatever it is they think is missing. They could afford to put up the money to do it and hire who they think would best run it. Rather than complain about lack of things for young AAs, do something about it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #16
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quit stealing my schtick, ew8thr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some guy
I saw one of his Fisher comments. He is not a kind person. He also needs the shit kicked out of him.
Rocky? That you?

And props to fusnik for admitting he was wrong about Deron. Oh wait, he didn't do that? Never mind then.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #17
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I watched Deron in college and never thought that Brown would make the better pro. You have to look at what he does on the court, athleticism, as well as smarts to see what he will do in the pros. Brown has it besides the small and that is why he struggles. Deron is the full package. I will say that few, if any, and that includes the experts, think now that Utah should have taken Paul. Deron has proved himself this year to be a big time player.

The Jazz are fine for years in regards to keeping their players. Deron is hooked up for 2 more years and then a team opition...Boozer has another 4 years, Okur has another 3 years and Andreis has another 4 years. The core is there. The Jazz will also be able to off Deron more money than any other team and more years than any other team.

There is a reason that few superstar players leave their teams when they can (Garnett, Duncan, Bibby, etc.). Its because the money is bigger with their current teams. If their current teams don't offer the bank (such as the case with Shaq and Nash), they leave. I really have little doubt that Deron will stay in Utah as long as the team looks good and the Jazz offer the money.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote