cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carmello Anthony

I never really liked the guy, always thought he was a prima donna wuss.

But after watching the brawl that happened earlier today, you can add cowardice to his list of attributes. He sucker punched a Knick in the face and then ran away. I mean he just cold-cocked the dude and fled the scene. Hope he gets suspended for the rest of the season.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't stand Carmelo. When I first saw him throw the punch, I thought, yeah, that was cheap but maybe he is showing a little toughness. Nope, man, he was running for the hills. Carmelo is all about looking tough and his image. I think he just saw that if he threw that punch and then someone got to him and beat the crap out of him, he would look like a complete idiot. So he ran. And he ran. And he ran.

I will say that Nate Robinson is another player that I cannot stand. Robinson always has to act like the tough guy. It probably has to do with the fact that he is 4 feet nothing...but he is always yapping. I have no problem with JR Smith throwing him into the stands.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I never cared for Melo either. Mostly because my brother-in-law is a huge Syracuse fan. But partly too because of his hair style.

I hate Nate Robinson.

The Jazz should be able to put some distance between them and the Nuggets though now.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

He's a pussy.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me add my vote of Carmello hate. I couldn't believe SI put him on the cover with Lebron and Wade as the future of the NBA. Totally baffling.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he was just throwing the punch for a friend?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
Colly Wolly

I actually have more respect for Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson than Carmello Anthony. They stormed into the stands in hostile territory to throw down. Those guys are thugs, but better a thug than a pansy.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him View Post
I actually have more respect for Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson than Carmello Anthony. They stormed into the stands in hostile territory to throw down. Those guys are thugs, but better a thug than a pansy.
I know this has been discussed before, but I lost respect for Artest when he took the fight to the stands rather than to Ben Wallace in the first place. I don;t blame him for going after a guy he thought threw a beer at him, but why not Wallace? He threw a punch at him.

Also, going into the "hostile" $250 court side seats is not exactly the same thing as going into the Raiders black hole. Not exactly Detroits toughest citizens in the first couple of rows.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #9
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but I lost respect for Artest when he took the fight to the stands rather than to Ben Wallace in the first place. I don;t blame him for going after a guy he thought threw a beer at him, but why not Wallace? He threw a punch at him.

Also, going into the "hostile" $250 court side seats is not exactly the same thing as going into the Raiders black hole. Not exactly Detroits toughest citizens in the first couple of rows.
I am just saying in comparison to Melo. He punched and ran.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:09 AM   #10
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him View Post
I'm not a fan of Carmello Anthony, but I'm always uneasy when I hear people throw around the word "thug" when it comes to NBA players. It's racist. When people refer to NBA players as thugs, they're not talking about guys like Brad Miller and Kirk Heinrich.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote