cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 04:16 AM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I love the Jazz.....

played great tonight, absolutely great.

Few thoughts:

a. They need a bona-fide thug on their team. Someone in the vein of Dale Davis, Eduardo Najera, Kurt Rambis, Bill Lambier. Booz, Fish and Memo all get fouled hard, high on the body,and nobody on their teams steps up and retaliates. I think they need a hired gun to protect the finesse players that dominate the Jazz roster.

b. I hope this run, (which most likely will end in the conference finals) is viewed in the proper context. If the Mavs play the Jazz in the second round, I see, and most would agree, the Jazz losing in five to six with little to no chance of winning (same chances most will give if they play the Spurs in the next round). The Jazz are still two players away from being a very good team who, in stretches plays great, to a great team who is built for championship runs.

c. Rafa should play in game five and given the license to go after Davis, Harrington and Richardson.

d. Willliams in the 2nd half specifically in the final quarter played like a top three point in the NBA. Controlled the game, played great defense and ran the offense flawlessly.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post

Few thoughts:

a. They need a bona-fide thug on their team. Someone in the vein of Dale Davis, Eduardo Najera, Kurt Rambis, Bill Lambier. Booz, Fish and Memo all get fouled hard, high on the body,and nobody on their teams steps up and retaliates. I think they need a hired gun to protect the finesse players that dominate the Jazz roster.

b. I hope this run, (which most likely will end in the conference finals) is viewed in the proper context. If the Mavs play the Jazz in the second round, I see, and most would agree, the Jazz losing in five to six with little to no chance of winning (same chances most will give if they play the Spurs in the next round). The Jazz are still two players away from being a very good team who, in stretches plays great, to a great team who is built for championship runs.

c. Rafa should play in game five and given the license to go after Davis, Harrington and Richardson.

d. Willliams in the 2nd half specifically in the final quarter played like a top three point in the NBA. Controlled the game, played great defense and ran the offense flawlessly.
Point c is the answer to point a.

I agree. Use Araujo to bust some heads. Send the Warriors a message.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:30 AM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Point c is the answer to point a.

I agree. Use Araujo to bust some heads. Send the Warriors a message.
Rafa doesn't have enough basketball IQ right now to be a hired gun. For some reason playing in the NBA has limited his ability to move his feet and hips like a professional basketball player. His fouls are too cheap.

Now if he could play play like the Rafa of the MWC the Jazz would have this issue already solved.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Rafa doesn't have enough basketball IQ right now to be a hired gun. For some reason playing in the NBA has limited his ability to move his feet and hips like a professional basketball player. His fouls are too cheap.

Now if he could play play like the Rafa of the MWC the Jazz would have this issue already solved.
Well, you really don't need to have a high basketball IQ to be a mercenary. All he has to do is knock Davis or Jackson to the floor when they drive to the basket. If that happens, chances are that a guy like Jackson will lose it and do something stupid and get tossed.

I wouldn't use his MWC play as an example of a decent basketball IQ. Araujo could always be counted on to do something dumb at a critical time in the game.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #5
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhhh... I feel calm and at peace
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Few thoughts:

Agreed on all points. Williams is really coming into his own. Boozer is an absolute beast. And what a freaking steal in finding Millsap. I think he can become a bit of that hard fouler off the bench. Let him put on a little more muscle and watch out.

I could not believe the way the Warriors lost their cool tonight. All three of those fouls were cheap. But then again, that is just playing into what the Jazz want to accomplish. All three of those plays were frustration fouls (even though the shot from Davis wasn't called). Tonight the Jazz essentially bitch-slapped Golden State and told them how they were going to take it. Gotta love it when you can put a team down like that.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Jarron Collins is a cheap shot artists as is Hafa...but they both suck too much to warrant enough or any time on the court to be worth it.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Jarron Collins is a cheap shot artists as is Hafa...but they both suck too much to warrant enough or any time on the court to be worth it.
If that's the case, Collins is the softest cheap-shot artist in the game.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
If that's the case, Collins is the softest cheap-shot artist in the game.
Not really. He's laid some pretty hard hits and fouls on many guys on the way to the basket over the years.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #10
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

I apologize for the hopelessly homeric, far-fetched thought from one who can be described at best as a passive basketball fan, but . . .

What if the Jazz actually pull it off?

The problem with a team that is supposed to lose in the first round is that reality no longer applies. That's why everybody was so high on Golden State-- they should have lost against the Maveriks, so why should "should lose" be a good enough of a reason? The Jazz arguably should have lost against Houston, who had home court advantage; yet here they are, one game away from the conference finals.

What if they pull it off? What if they pull it out of nowhere and win the conference finals? And are then paired against a team from the (dissapointing) east?

Woah. [/dreaming].