cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canary in the mine?

So the wife and I went out to dinner tonight and settled on Logan's Roadhouse a steakhouse chain for those who don't know it. When we've eaten at this place in the past, there has been a ridiculously long line with at least a half hour wait and often up to an hour or more. This has been without exception over the years. Tonight we walked straight to the hostess and were seated immediately. The restaurant appeared fairly full, but there was absolutely no wait. When they set our places, I noticed the napkins were no longer cloth but large paper napkins.

I think people are hurting. I think maybe we're starting to see a significant number of people having to cut back on their "entertainment" budgets. I think maybe restaurants are hurting a bit too. Food costs rising, fewer customers...I realize that's a lot to surmise off of paper napkins as my data but I did find it odd. This economy is going to get interesting as fuel and food costs continue to rise. It's not just that they are rising, but how fast they've risen. Those with low and/or fixed incomes are really going to be hurting soon. I have a feeling our Bishops are going to be MUCH busier than they've been in the past as our poor try to adjust to their new budgets.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote