cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
I'll tell you what sucked the most: traveling from San Diego to Utah for the game; my ride from the game back to SLC were a couple who don't care much for football but were there to be social. They insisted on leaving at the end of regulation, to avoid traffic.

So while walking from the stadium to their car, I tried to determine by crowd noise what was happening.

Saw the replay on channel 11 at midnight.
That not only sucks, but I think it violates several international conventions. In fact, BBC recently did a report on some tribes in Borneo where the punishment for such an infraction of the social order is a choice between severe genital mutilation by a ballpeen hammer or watching last year's BYU-UNLV game.

Not surprisingly, most offenders opt for the ballpeen hammer.

I hurts just thinking about it.

:x

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #12
jlm252

jlm252
Default I agree Napper.

Bronco definitely has the program going the way it needs to go. He needs to cut ties with some of the assistants and bring in new blood, but we'll see if that will happen. It was something that LaVell wouldn't do but needed to.
jlm252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 PM   #13
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I agree Napper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm252
Bronco definitely has the program going the way it needs to go. He needs to cut ties with some of the assistants and bring in new blood, but we'll see if that will happen. It was something that LaVell wouldn't do but needed to.
I admit I don't watch every minute of BYU football, but as a fan of the MWC, I do watch a good deal and consider myself qualified to say I agree with your assessment that Bronco has made improvements.

Now I know in the past I've pointed out that they only improved their record by one game, but the core of those statements had to do with Curtis Brown's rediculous rhetoric, not the program as a whole. Though they still are not a top 25 team, they do look a level higher than recent years. Two of their losses this year came on the last play of the game, unlike recent blowouts against CSU, BSU and Stanford where they didn't even bother to show up.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
my2cents

my2cents

Fusnik -

How can you seriously say that we didn't have the talent to win more than 7 games? We are one call at TCU and one catch from Harline against Utah away from being 8-3? Now, I am not saying we "should be 8-3" just saying that we most definitely had the horses to win more than 7 games, they just didn't get it done. If that goalline call goes our way and if Beck connects with Harline on the last offensive play in regulation we win both games.

This doesn't even take into account the learning curve of our coaches. Had Anae learned to run the ball from the beginning things could have been different as well. We didn't lose to Utah and TCU because of our talent level.
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #15
manwithoneeye

manwithoneeye
Default It's a little cold outside, but I'm feeling

a little nipply on this site.

After being thrown into outer darkness and given an eternal ban by that Jefe Dorkarama, I am glad to be back on the air.

One thing I have been wondering about is the logo above. Is that a Cougar with a huge set of sixpack abs, or is it me without my shirt on?

I think I have a one pack, but it carries more than any six-pack. So there. Let the envying begin.
manwithoneeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #16
The Royal Nonesuch

The Royal Nonesuch

Hmmm...BYU sports without the Draconian constraints of linguistic limitations...I'm not perked, but I'm curious at this point...perhaps piqued.
The Royal Nonesuch is offline   Reply With Quote