cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Across the Universe - Soundtrack

I haven't seen the movie yet (don't know if I will get around to it), but I've been interested in the soundtrack to this movie to see what it would be like.

As you may or may not know, the soundtrack features all Beatles songs and are sung by the various cast members of the movie.

It takes a few listens, but I think it is actually quite good. If you don't like it when someone puts his or her own spin on someone elses music, you might want to skip this one as well...(this is why I say it needs a few listens before you can judge it, it takes some getting used to).

One of the songs that is particularly solid is "Let it Be." There's a gospel choir singing in the background for part of it, and it is very cool.

Anyways, if you like the Beatles but aren't married to the original songs, give this soundtrack a try and you just might like it.