cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #21
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm quite intrigued by the comments from last night's episode. I did throw those out to my s-in-law and she has a big group at BYU that watch the show together. They wondered if Sun's father's corporation (Hanso?) funded the Dharma project and if Locke's father is the original Sawyer, although the timeframe for the latter might be off a little. Actually for both it might not flow well. I just think The Man is behind it all.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #22
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

This show is so well done but I have one big fear. I'm afraid that since it has become such a success they will extend it well beyond its originally intended run. I sincerely hope that we'll get to see it in the form that its creators originally intended. But, with the money this show can bring in, I'm afraid they're going to screw it up.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean by making "Everyone Loves Sawyer"?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #24
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

It's kind of funny how group hysteria will increase the attractiveness of someone. Like with Kate, when I first saw her on the show, I thought she was cute, but now, with all of the talk, and, of course, the air duct scene, which wouldn't have had the impact without the preceding hype, and all of a sudden, she's totally hot.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #25
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug
...and, of course, the air duct scene...
That's great! When I'm watching that with my wife, I just keep quiet -- in my mind, she hasn't noticed a thing yet.

As for the group hysteria on other angles, I'm still not falling for Danica Patrick, the race car driver. It's just not there for me. It seems like summer camp where all the 13-year olds fall head over heels for the 20-year old, plump camp nurse after a couple of days because she's the only female in sight. Danica's not that bad, but she's the only lady amongst a bunch of sweaty guys and she drives a stick really, really fast.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #26
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default from last night's episode

Its probably not terribly important to the plot, just another one of those little connections.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/sayidArmyOffice.jpg
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #27
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: from last night's episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters
Its probably not terribly important to the plot, just another one of those little connections.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/sayidArmyOffice.jpg
coost, thanks for sharing that. I agree it probably doesn't have anythign to do with the plot, but it's kinda cool seeing those type of things.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote