cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road
Default so, did anyone *give* any really great...

...presents this year?

My kids just wanted legos, so that's not very exciting.

For my mom, I restored her parents' 1945 wedding photo and had it enlarged, and that made her really happy.

The husband lost his wedding ring years ago, so I replaced that, although I noticed he still hasn't put it on. Hm...
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

My wife got an iPod with a shoe sensor to track running statistics - speed, mileage, pace, time, etc... Very cool toy. I can't wait to use it, errr, I mean, I'm sure she is looking forward to using it.

Kids got a bunch of Cars toys. Their favorite is the Mack Truck, which folds open to reveal the Bellagio of car trailers, complete with video games, car wash and oil change station. I should have got 2 of them as it would seem that is the only toy worth playing with in the entire house.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

i gave my wife a stereo that installs under the kitchen cabinets and holds her ipod, a new rolling pin, cutting board and some cutco knifes.

Oh and she doesnt cook, so as you can see i was trying to drop some hints.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I gave my girlfriend some of that fancy schmancy make up you get at Dillards.

I talked to the make up "expert" there and I showed her pics of my girlfriend and she came up with the right shades and tones.

I honestly had no idea what to get her and took a chance on this. When I gave it to her yesterday she freaked she was so excited, so sounds like my daring to buy something that most guys wouldn't dare get their girl paid off.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

The most excited of my gift recipients was a co-worker for whom I purchased a $20 gift card to Chipotle. She's a bigger gal, so her excitement was understandable.

My 18-mo. old daughter was also very excited about the watermelon flavored chapstick I bought her. So much so that she ate it within five minutes. She was less enthused about the household of doll furniture that she recieved. I foresee a lifetime of gifts that fall short of her expectations.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
...presents this year?

My kids just wanted legos, so that's not very exciting.

For my mom, I restored her parents' 1945 wedding photo and had it enlarged, and that made her really happy.

The husband lost his wedding ring years ago, so I replaced that, although I noticed he still hasn't put it on. Hm...
my wife got a new laptop.... I call that fancy schmancy

my 2 year old got a sweatest horse and springs http://www.radioflyer.com/rideon/rideon_301.html#INFO

She loves this thing!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
The most excited of my gift recipients was a co-worker for whom I purchased a $20 gift card to Chipotle. She's a bigger gal, so her excitement was understandable.

My 18-mo. old daughter was also very excited about the watermelon flavored chapstick I bought her. So much so that she ate it within five minutes. She was less enthused about the household of doll furniture that she recieved. I foresee a lifetime of gifts that fall short of her expectations.
That's funny. Yeah, my younger son was more excited about the wrapping paper than his present. Oh, and who needs Fisher Price when you've got empty cardboard boxes?!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
That's funny. Yeah, my younger son was more excited about the wrapping paper than his present. Oh, and who needs Fisher Price when you've got empty cardboard boxes?!
Fisher Price is counting on the fact that empty cardboard boxes are more fun than their toys. That's why they boobytrap their boxes with thousands of wires and staples to ensure that parents don't make the same discovery.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my eldest son a K-Nex roller coaster. It stands about five feet tall and is motorized. It's kinda cool and my 11-year-old is intrigued by the mechanics of it all. I spent half the day helping him put it together (I did a lot of it--11-year-olds have no patience) and he and the seven-year-old played with it tonight. They even went and rousted out a PlayMobil family (dad, mom, son, daughter) as fantasy riders. The seven-year-old even made up some conversation for them:

son: Mom, can I ride the roller coaster?

mom: No, it says you have to be 15 years old.

son: That's no fair. I want to ride.

Then, seemly bored with the domestic and civilized nature of this fantasy interactive play, he had one family member start pounding on another which led to a general free-for-all among the PlayMobil family members.

Boys are great.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Santa delivered a PS3 and a Wii. Not certain why two young boys, ages 13 and 8 needed them.

Santa also delivered many name brands of clothing which I don't recognize, for girls who still have labels on clothing not yet worn.

Kids also got some Ipods "Nano". Do you know what those are?