cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 06:18 AM   #31
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I know that y'all are thrilled that BYU beat Arizona, and you see my Ute moniker and think oh shut up you anti-homer, but I think UCLA will expose BYU the way Boise State did Utah last year. Utah was riding a 3-game winning streak going into that game, but they hadn't seen the likes of BSU in any of those teams. This Saturday the Bruins will exploit the loss of BYU's key personnel from last season and have their way with them through three quarters.
you know, that may happen, but it sounds like wishful thinking on your part. i'll still stand by my prediction of BYU by 3. 24-21 Cougars.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #32
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
you know, that may happen, but it sounds like wishful thinking on your part. i'll still stand by my prediction of BYU by 3. 24-21 Cougars.
When it comes down to it, aren't all score predictions wishful thinking?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #33
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know that y'all are thrilled that BYU beat Arizona, and you see my Ute moniker and think oh shut up you anti-homer, but I think UCLA will expose BYU the way Boise State did Utah last year. Utah was riding a 3-game winning streak going into that game, but they hadn't seen the likes of BSU in any of those teams. This Saturday the Bruins will exploit the loss of BYU's key personnel from last season and have their way with them through three quarters.
Exposed the same way?? You mean you think BYU is going to take an ass kicking.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #34
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't know about any earth shattering exposing, I just think UCLA is the better squad. However, I don't think the disparity between BYU and UCLA is similar to Utah versus BSU.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #35
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I don't know about any earth shattering exposing, I just think UCLA is the better squad. However, I don't think the disparity between BYU and UCLA is similar to Utah versus BSU.
Plus it's a completely different thing to have your fanny exposed for all to see on the road by a top 15 team than at home in a game that is supposed to be a major "test" for the opponent.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #36
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Utah was riding a three game winning streak against #116 USU, #106 SDSU, and D1-AA Northern Arizona. You had also already been "exposed" by UCLA by that same 31-10 you predict for us. The situation could not be more different.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #37
Rickomatic

Rickomatic

Call me a homer:
UCLA 13
BYU 28

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Rickomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #38
bluegoose