cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #31
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
CJ your reputation is taking a hit right. If you maintain this level of fascination with AI, Utestar will be authorizing YOhio to seek injunctive relief for stealing his Metrosexual label.

Go out belch outside to recover your manhood, dude. You're scaring me.
AI does get pretty good ratings across demographics so his manhood really is not an issue. It isn't the best TV out there, but it is ok. I tivo it and watch only the performances. It only takes about 30 min to watch that way.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #32
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
yes, Clarkson and Underwood are too legit to quit.

The other ones....of course their first disc sold a lot. they got a year of free pub. The second disc...not so much. Sounds like Fantasia isnt even making records anymore.

So you would pay to go see an American Idol concert? I know they travel around and do their little roadshow in large arenas. You would go to that?
No I would not and to be honest I find my numbers on Wiki. I watch the show with my wife because it is the only show she likes that I can even stand. The show is a huge moneymaker, Simon Cowell made 40 mill last year. I just think its cool that most of these kids would never be discovered and AI gives them a chance. I am sure there are people that are 100 times as talented as even the winners but they never get their chance.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #33
Flystripper

Quote:
yes, Clarkson and Underwood are too legit to quit.

The other ones....of course their first disc sold a lot. they got a year of free pub. The second disc...not so much. Sounds like Fantasia isnt even making records anymore.

So you would pay to go see an American Idol concert? I know they travel around and do their little roadshow in large arenas. You would go to that?
I think Daughtry will survive. He is not my cup of tea but he has a following and was nominated for 4 grammys this year

and no I would not go to their tour
Old 05-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #34
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I think Daughtry will survive. He is not my cup of tea but he has a following and was nominated for 4 grammys this year
yes, that was the bald guy I was talking about. When he was on the show, you could TELL that he could command a stage. He was clearly a rock star. If I am not mistaken, hasnt he toured as the opening act for a pretty big band?

Archuleta is a gimmick, not a rock star. He would be better suited as the newest member of Menudo. Or maybe singing at county fairs.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #35
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

David Archuleta has legit singing talent and will be around for a long time.

Long before he was ever on American Idol and was known nationwide I'd seen him sing in Sacrament Meeting several times and a few other church functions. Word would typically spread and just for a regular sacrament meeting they would have to get extra chairs and have them usually lined back up to the stage.

My brother would sit up at the stand and his favorite thing to watch as David would start to sing, is the reactions and looks of peoples faces out in the crowd.

You can mock the kid all you want and call him and his talent a gimmick if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact he was blessed with a gift and has an incredible voice.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer, more humble kid. His demeanor is not an act. He is genuinely shy and is having to learn how to break out of his shell.

This is the first season I've ever watched American Idol, and I've never been able to stomach the show, but this year I have simply because I know the kid and his family and I'm rooting for them all the way.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
Flystripper

Quote:
Archuleta is a gimmick, not a rock star. He would be better suited as the newest member of Menudo. Or maybe singing at county fairs.
If this does not work out he could prolly get a job at the circus since he is a borderline little person. He is shorter than Seacreast by 4-5 inches and seacrest is like 5'6" tops.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #37
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
yes, that was the bald guy I was talking about. When he was on the show, you could TELL that he could command a stage. He was clearly a rock star. If I am not mistaken, hasnt he toured as the opening act for a pretty big band?

Daughtry has been currently opening up for Bon Jovi.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #38
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
David Archuleta has legit singing talent and will be around for a long time.

Long before he was ever on American Idol and was known nationwide I'd seen him sing in Sacrament Meeting several times and a few other church functions. Word would typically spread and just for a regular sacrament meeting they would have to get extra chairs and have them usually lined back up to the stage.

My brother would sit up at the stand and his favorite thing to watch as David would start to sing, is the reactions and looks of peoples faces out in the crowd.

You can mock the kid all you want if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact he was blessed with a gift and has an incredible voice.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer, more humble kid. His demeanor is not an act. He is genuinely shy and is having to learn how to break out of his shell.

This is the first season I've ever watched American Idol, and I've never been able to stomach the show, but this year I have simply because I know the kid and his family and I'm rooting for them all the way.
The kid has pipes to be sure. I wonder how the marketing machine that is pop culture will treat him though. It is a tough business.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #39
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
AI does get pretty good ratings across demographics so his manhood really is not an issue. It isn't the best TV out there, but it is ok. I tivo it and watch only the performances. It only takes about 30 min to watch that way.
Tivo? I'm worried about your manhood too. Go out and drink three beers. You'll feel better in the afternoon.

Utestar, we have a few more names to add to your complaint, and this is going to cost you.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #40
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The kid has pipes to be sure. I wonder how the marketing machine that is pop culture will treat him though. It is a tough business.
I worry his dad is another Joe Simpson and he may derail his sons career.