cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 05-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #11
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
We'll see if the Jazz can win in LA. Consider me skeptical. I honestly don't remember the last time that Utah won in LA. I'd bet though that their second longest drought after San Antonio is against the Lakers in Staples.

I think the Lakers take game 5 in LA. I think Utah has a shot in game 6, and if it goes to 7, anything can happen. Of course, this is all null and void if Kobe's back is really bothering him. Utah could win in LA if Kobe is as hurt as he was acting today. I just think it is tough to beat ANY team 4 times in a row, let alone the Lakers.
The last time the Jazz won at Staples against the Lakers was 2 years ago on 1/1/06 98-94

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 AM   #12
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
The last time the Jazz won at Staples against the Lakers was 2 years ago on 1/1/06 98-94
The problem for the Jazz against LA is that they need a second scorer and Boozer is just too intimidated by the shot blocking of Odom and Gasol. I really don't see the Jazz winning a game in LA in this series. I would like to be wrong.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 AM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
The problem for the Jazz against LA is that they need a second scorer and Boozer is just too intimidated by the shot blocking of Odom and Gasol. I really don't see the Jazz winning a game in LA in this series. I would like to be wrong.
I agree unless Kobe is really hurting. That could change things in a hurry. But I liked what Barkley had to say about Kobe being injured today: "if he was hurt, he was only hurt on defense."
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It'll go down like this:

The press will play up all week leading up to game 5 in L.A. about Kobe's back,,,,all the while neglecting the fact that 3 of the Jazz big 4 (Okur, Boozer and Dwill are playing with injuries)....and then early on in Game 5....just to proove he's fine Kobe will penetrate
the lane and thrown down a vicious dunk and 1,,,,just to prove he's fine and L.A. takes Game 5 in a blowout. Then we'll get the game long nauseating effusive deification of a superstar who's playing with a bad back..blah, blah, blah.....

Game 6 back in SLC on Fri Jazz win.

Then Lakers take the series finale next Sunday to advance.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Jazz should put Collins in, and level Kobe. Knock him out for the series.

Actually, i take that back. Lakers are worse with Kobe in. Don't hurt Kobe.

I love what Sir Charles said about Kobe, "He was playing hurt. But just on defense. He took 33 shots."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It'll go down like this:

The press will play up all week leading up to game 5 in L.A. about Kobe's back,,,,all the while neglecting the fact that 3 of the Jazz big 4 (Okur, Boozer and Dwill are playing with injuries)....and then early on in Game 5....just to proove he's fine Kobe will penetrate
the lane and thrown down a vicious dunk and 1,,,,just to prove he's fine and L.A. takes Game 5 in a blowout. Then we'll get the game long nauseating effusive deification of a superstar who's playing with a bad back..blah, blah, blah.....

Game 6 back in SLC on Fri Jazz win.

Then Lakers take the series finale next Sunday to advance.
This morning the news is reporting that it is just back spasms. Not sure if that is terribly inspiring. He is getting treatment today.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
This morning the news is reporting that it is just back spasms. Not sure if that is terribly inspiring. He is getting treatment today.
What causes back spasms? What is a back spasm?

I remember once several years ago reaching down into the dryer and suddenly my back going haywire. I could hardly walk or move and had to do everything very gingerly. I spent the next few days looking like Frankenstein's monster. Is that what happened to Kobe? Looked like he took a shot and felt a twinge.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Leaning a girl over a chair and raping her doggy-style?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post

I remember once several years ago reaching down into the dryer and suddenly my back going haywire. I could hardly walk or move and had to do everything very gingerly. I spent the next few days looking like Frankenstein's monster. Is that what happened to Kobe? Looked like he took a shot and felt a twinge.
This was the exact conversation on the Dan Patrick Show.

Nobody had a good answer.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Leaning a girl over a chair and raping her doggy-style?
He wasnt leaning over the chair, though.