cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default McCain in Intrade freefall

He's now down 10 on the day in Florida, down to 35.5 from 45.5 to start the day.

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/c...=1201216858900

Romney is up 11 on the day, up to 51 from 40 to start the day.

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/c...=1201217082820

Somebody must know something.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
He's now down 10 on the day in Florida, down to 35.5 from 45.5 to start the day.

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/c...=1201216858900

Romney is up 11 on the day, up to 51 from 40 to start the day.

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/c...=1201217082820

Somebody must know something.
Like what?

I told my wife this morning that McCain is so old that a mild heart attack or something would doom his bid. Anything could happen.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Like what?

I told my wife this morning that McCain is so old that a mild heart attack or something would doom his bid. Anything could happen.
McCain's mouth will eventually doom his bid. Stay tuned.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
myboynoah

Quote:
Like what?

I don't know. I just thought such a dramatic shift in one day not linked to the polls suggests these people must know something to justify their patterns. Perhaps they are aware of yet unpublished polling data, or that Crist is leaning toward endorsing Mitt, or something else. Seems odd to me.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know. I just thought such a dramatic shift in one day not linked to the polls suggests these people must know something to justify their patterns. Perhaps they are aware of yet unpublished polling data, or that Crist is leaning toward endorsing Mitt, or something else. Seems odd to me.
Could all be momentum-based. You know how traders are. Buy on rumor, sell on news.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's Huckabee. Yesterday it became public knowledge that Huck is out of money. Huck is McCain's best friend in this election. He steals support from Romney. If Huck's out of the race, or facing impending implosion, McCain is toast.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #7
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Could all be momentum-based. You know how traders are. Buy on rumor, sell on news.
My thoughts exactly.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:12 AM   #8
myboynoah

Well, the bottom might be falling out of McCain while Romney is now up to a 60 asking price.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
myboynoah

It looks like things are starting to even out now, due probably to Romney's inability to break away from McCain in Florida (Romney 55 McCain 40-45). Indeed, while the polls show a dead heat, McCain usually comes out on top by 2-3 points, not a good sign for Romney. Unless things change, I suspect McCain is going to pull this one out.

BatGirl and Mike will be doing a jig.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Interesting new line of attack by McCain.

Quote:
The new focus has put his opponents on the defensive -- but also helped them step up their jabs at the perpetually stiff and rehearsed Mr. Romney. "Gov. Romney is touting his qualifications and his experience and his résumé as a manager," said Arizona Sen. John McCain. "I am telling the American people, and they know it, that I am a leader."

His punches didn't stop there. "You can hire managers all the time. People who do the mechanics, people who implement policies. People who are good with assets," Mr. McCain told reporters Friday. "Leadership is people who have had the hands-on experience and patriotism in service to our country and the nation."
Somehow I don't think the "Romney's just a manager and they're a dime a dozen" line of attack is going to work all that well. Who in the McCain campaign thought this would be a good idea?

and then this:

Quote:
And Mr. McCain has said that running the Senate Commerce Committee, as he has done, is better experience than running an investment company.
Sorry, John. I'm sure the Senate Commerce Committee is a "huge" responsibility, so cheers to you, but it can't stack up against running a major investment company to say nothing of the ENTIRE OLYMPICS. I mean, really, did he actually say this?

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/e..._reinstate_mic

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote