cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you ever have a washboard stomach?
Yes 9 40.91%
No 10 45.45%
Yes, still do 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I'm not the bowflex woman, or really even approaching that, but I have enough definition in the abdominals that I feel pretty good about voting yes, still do.
I'm impressed. I've always thought it was more difficult for women to get washboard abs.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I'm impressed. I've always thought it was more difficult for women to get washboard abs.
It's not all bulging and bulky, just defined. I don't want to have more than that, when the muscles right there on a woman, it's my opinion that she's gone too far and it's time to back off on the crunches. You have to remember too, I've never had kids, and I'm not exactly packing around extra pounds. That always makes it easier.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's not all bulging and bulky, just defined. I don't want to have more than that, when the muscles right there on a woman, it's my opinion that she's gone too far and it's time to back off on the crunches. You have to remember too, I've never had kids, and I'm not exactly packing around extra pounds. That always makes it easier.
Flat is better than defined abdomen muscle. Soft flat is better than firm flat.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've just always thought definition was harder for women to get because of their naturally greater amount of body fat. You should be proud of your abs if you have definition.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Flat is better than defined abdomen muscle. Soft flat is better than firm flat.
I disagree.

Low body fat coupled with ab workouts will create definition for women.

It can be more difficult for some gals but some guys absent absurdly low body fat can't get there either.

Mine needs to dive below seven percent to get to great definition. I don't stay down that low very often.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Truthfully I think it's somewhat genetic. I've known girls that don't have anymore fat on them than I do, and they'll work like crazy just to get those lines that run down both sides. One of my roommates was like that. She worked at it, but she just seemed to naturally store more fat right there. My older sister and I really never had to work all that hard at it. I guess we're just not prone to getting a spare tire, which could be good on the one hand, but then it makes me contemplate the alternative locations for that fat...it's clear to me that I can never let myself go and start porking out.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

A woman's abs' attractiveness are heavily influenced by the attractiveness of its neighbors.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I disagree.

Low body fat coupled with ab workouts will create definition for women.

It can be more difficult for some gals but some guys absent absurdly low body fat can't get there either.

Mine needs to dive below seven percent to get to great definition. I don't stay down that low very often.
I'm just talking about my personal preference on female attractiveness. Soft is better.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #19
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been pretty close to washboard, and I'm trying to get back there. The inch I could pinch a couple of months ago is down to about 1/2 an inch.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #20
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Truthfully I think it's somewhat genetic. I've known girls that don't have anymore fat on them than I do, and they'll work like crazy just to get those lines that run down both sides. One of my roommates was like that. She worked at it, but she just seemed to naturally store more fat right there. My older sister and I really never had to work all that hard at it. I guess we're just not prone to getting a spare tire, which could be good on the one hand, but then it makes me contemplate the alternative locations for that fat...it's clear to me that I can never let myself go and start porking out.
I think genetics plays a big role. I actually have a little definition in my upper abs, but my lower abs are a lost cause, given my genetic propensity to carry fat there, coupled with two c-sections. Still, that doesn't keep me from secretly hating women like you
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote