cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #21
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Are you also in favor of public schools teaching your kids that gay marriage is the same, and just as moral as heterosexual marriage?

Are you ok with 6 year olds going on a field trip to see their lesbo teacher get married?

I really don't give a crap if the state wants to marry two fudge-packers. What I DO care about is the state/public schools teaching, and promoting principles they have no business even talking about in school.
Tu eres un impacador de chocolate.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #22
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Secondly, if not for gay marriages being allowed, this "field trip" would never occurred, and SIX year old kids would not have been exposed to this issue.
You really are dense sometimes. Those SIX year old kids had parents who wanted them at that wedding. Yeah, shouldn't have gotten the blessing of the school, but let's not pretend this was a group of kids like most others in the country. Let's not pretend that the school planned a civil rights field trip unbeknownst to parents. Their parents are happy to expose them to this issue and probably aren't afraid their kids will catch the gay. Sounds to me like they figured out a way to save some gas money by getting the bus scheduled.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #23
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
This is about the worst anti-gay marriage argument out there: "But what am I supposed to tell my kids if they see gay people showing affection or getting married?"
The state marrying gays in and of itself does not matter to me. It's all the other consequences that gay marriage will cause that I am opposed to. Therefore, I do not want gay marriage to continue to be legal.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 AM   #24
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will tell them whatever the hell I want, because I am their father, and I am the one that should be addressing such issues with them. Not their 1st grade teacher, or any other public school official. What is so difficult for you people to understand about this? Holy crap...
Glad to hear you will be addressing such issues with your kids. Your kids will also encounter these issues on their own no matter how much you try to protect them. What are you afraid of?
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #25
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
You really are dense sometimes. Those SIX year old kids had parents who wanted them at that wedding. Yeah, shouldn't have gotten the blessing of the school, but let's not pretend this was a group of kids like most others in the country. Let's not pretend that the school planned a civil rights field trip unbeknownst to parents. Their parents are happy to expose them to this issue and probably aren't afraid their kids will catch the gay. Sounds to me like they figured out a way to save some gas money by getting the bus scheduled.
Then those parents should have pulled their kids out of school, and taken them to the wedding! You are the dense one. The parents attitudes in this matter are irrelevant. Saved whose gas money? The parents gas money, that they should have spent to take the kids on their own?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #26
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Glad to hear you will be addressing such issues with your kids. Your kids will also encounter these issues on their own no matter how much you try to protect them. What are you afraid of?
Do you people have an f'ing brain? Why can you not understand where I am coming from? It's not the public education system's role to address this issue. It's not right that a SIX year old kid should even have to deal with such issues. Can't they just be kids for a few years?

Of course they are going to encounter these issues own their own. Thanks for the tip, genius.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #27
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Tu eres un impacador de chocolate.
Ve te a la mierda, cabron.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #28
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Hey NorCal Cat! How's it been??? Did you hear Hillary lost? Time for a new avatar! May I suggest a picture of the gay parents of your daughter's friend having sex for show and tell?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #29
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you people have an f'ing brain? Why can you not understand where I am coming from? It's not the public education system's role to address this issue. It's not right that a SIX year old kid should even have to deal with such issues. Can't they just be kids for a few years?

Of course they are going to encounter these issues own their own. Thanks for the tip, genius.
If you have an "f'ing brain" you clearly understand that:

1. Schools should deny the existence of gay people.

2. Childhood ends when you learn of the existence of gay people.
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #30
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The state marrying gays in and of itself does not matter to me. It's all the other consequences that gay marriage will cause that I am opposed to. Therefore, I do not want gay marriage to continue to be legal.
Now we're getting somewhere. What do you see as "all the other consequences that gay marriage will cause"?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote