cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Not a Californian, but won't the massive liberal/ACORN get-out-the-vote-for-Obama effort trump this one-issue campaign?
The AA community, if they turn out in numbers expected, will help the pro prop 8 vote tremendously. Go ACORN and Ohbama.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a toss up.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
Hazzard

Hazzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
What's the point? Either way, California evenutally falls into the sea.
I love this kind of Texas-speak. Do you live in the south?! By the way, I got a nice chuckle out the reports recently that there were two earthquakes in Texas. Hurricanes ... earthquakes ... next thing you know, the south is going to grow a polar ice cap.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #24
Hazzard

Hazzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I'm curious what others are sensing here on the front. A few weeks ago, I was fairly certain Prop. 8 would fail. I now regard it as at least a toss-up and, if anything, more likely to pass. I have no scientific basis for that. But the polls show the race tightening and I think the pro-8 cause will be helped by the fact that (i) older voters tend to be more likely to vote than younger voters, (ii) the Bradley effect is probably more applicable to this issue than to race, and I think people are more likely to secretly vote yes while saying no publicly, than the other way around, and (iii) I'm really impressed with how well-organized the get-out-the-vote for Yes has been.

I'm curious what other Golden Staters are sensing in their areas. Tuesday night is going to be fascinating.
I think it's going to pass, for most of the reasons you gave.

You forgot the biggest reason, however: every young Mormon mom has blogged Yes on 8 stuff a thousand times. I mean, there are tOnZZZ oF NON-mOrmOnZ wHo rEaD thOsE BlOgs aND cHaNGeD ThEY're mIndZ oN tHis IsSue!!!!!!! (Links not provided in order protect the innocent.)
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote