cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default Dukes of Hazzard

Saw Dukes of Hazzard a couple of weeks ago, mainly because my wife fancies herself a 'Country Girl(being from East TX).'

It was ok. Ok is about all I can say about it as it had nothing outstanding about it other than Jessica Simpson prancing around in various skimpy attire(not that I'm complaining). Other than that it didn't have much. Ebert and Roper really ripped on Simpson for her acting being like 'English was a second language to her' but I have to say that it was Willie Nelson that was just absolutely painful to watch and listen to. He sounded like he was in pain every time that he opened his mouth. That trip to Atlanta was quite extraneous and painful to watch as well. There was also poor casting for this film. Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg? Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke? Johnny Knoxville as Luke Duke? JOHNNY KNOXVILLE? The guy who made 'Jackass' famous was in a movie....?

They could have at least made Daisy Duke a brunette.

There were some good points, namely 1. Jessica Simpson(sometimes; see above), 2. The General Lee's various outrageous jumps.

Other than that there really wasn't much.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote