cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SBTB-College Years

As I was ironing this morning, I was able to catch most of a Saved By The Bell-College Years episode. That is terrific stuff. Those kids sure can find themselves in the most sticky of situations. Fortunately, through intenuity and honesty they can work out their problems by episodes end.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
As I was ironing this morning, I was able to catch most of a Saved By The Bell-College Years episode. That is terrific stuff. Those kids sure can find themselves in the most sticky of situations. Fortunately, through intenuity and honesty they can work out their problems by episodes end.
ironing?

I tell you, there's nothing like seeing our young people display their creativity and gumption. I'll never forget the time Screech broke his mother's Elvis statue, for example. How the gang got themselves out of that little pickle...well, it's an inspiration to us all.

You'll be happy to hear you can buy the original SBTB episodes on itunes.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
ironing?

I tell you, there's nothing like seeing our young people display their creativity and gumption. I'll never forget the time Screech broke his mother's Elvis statue, for example. How the gang got themselves out of that little pickle...well, it's an inspiration to us all.

You'll be happy to hear you can buy the original SBTB episodes on itunes.
Ironing my clothes is a great way to start the morning. Better than breakfast.

I do remember the Screech-Elvis statue episode. We were all hoping it would somehow resolve itself before his parents returned from their vacation. That episode was almost as intense as the one where Jessie, Slater's Mama, was addicted to caffeine pills.

If you haven't seen the College Years, you really should. The maturing of the characters really adds to the depth of the plot.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That episode was almost as intense as the one where Jessie, Slater's Mama, was addicted to caffeine pills.

If you haven't seen the College Years, you really should. The maturing of the characters really adds to the depth of the plot.
Of course! The dramatic irony of Jessie singing a frenetic "I'm so excited" while addicted to a stimulant...brilliant.

I found the College Years dealt with subject matter too mature for some audiences...you know love triangles, mascot tryouts, and rush week.

And the thought of Zack marrying Kelly...well that just broke Barbara's adolescent heart.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That episode was almost as intense as the one where Jessie, Slater's Mama, was addicted to caffeine pills.
"I'm so excited... I'm so excited... I'm so... I'm so... scared."

Truly a moment no pre-teen can ever forget. I stayed away from Caffeine pills because of that moment in TV history. And what better way to immortalize that moment than with this t-shirt:

http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/imsoexcited/male

They used to have a shirt there as well that said "I french kissed Kelly Kapowski". I mean, who WOULDN'T have wanted to french kiss Kelly Kapowski? She was the BOMB! Alas, it looks like that shirt is missing.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote