cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That doesn't change the fact that KW has certainly made a lot more head scratching calls than Bronco has in the first 2 years. Especially last year. There were times where I was wondering if the spirit of McBride and Crowton were having an all out battle to inhabit KW's soul.
I've heard BYU fans cracking on KW but I really haven't been paying attention. What kind of calls are you talking about? All I know is he's had absolutely genius game plans against us the last couple years, as well as his bowl games.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that KW has certainly made a lot more head scratching calls than Bronco has in the first 2 years. Especially last year. There were times where I was wondering if the spirit of McBride and Crowton were having an all out battle to inhabit KW's soul.
True - the call to put in Grady during the 2nd quarter of the UCLA game comes to mind. His explanation was that he promised Grady he would play during the 2nd quarter. It also came after KW said he would NOT use a platoon at quarterback.

On another note, I have a feeling that KW and Bronco are never going to be appearing in "buddy" ads together like Lavel and Mac did. Those were great fun.

KW seems very boring, and Bronco seems way too intense - I have a feeling that they are not, and never will be, buddies.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
OrangeUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I've heard BYU fans cracking on KW but I really haven't been paying attention. What kind of calls are you talking about? All I know is he's had absolutely genius game plans against us the last couple years, as well as his bowl games.
It's more or less just snide comments that "we got the better guy" or "thank heavens you guys got stuck with him". It is mostly just smack talk. KW and Bronco are 1-1 against each other. Based on head to head, they are even. It will take time to tell which is the better coach.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
True - the call to put in Grady during the 2nd quarter of the UCLA game comes to mind. His explanation was that he promised Grady he would play during the 2nd quarter. It also came after KW said he would NOT use a platoon at quarterback.

On another note, I have a feeling that KW and Bronco are never going to be appearing in "buddy" ads together like Lavel and Mac did. Those were great fun.

KW seems very boring, and Bronco seems way too intense - I have a feeling that they are not, and never will be, buddies.
I agree. I think there is a mutual respect there for each other, but nothing more than that.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #15
OrangeUte

i do have to make one more comment - a mostly irrelevant observation, but it's something that has been bothering me.

does all the slogan talk that bronco does (i.e. "fully invested") bother anybody else? i hear whittingham talk, or read his remarks. While he is very boring, he is still articulate but not overly creative. Bronco always seems to be coming up with slogans like "fully invested" or "program continuity" that just drive me nuts. i guess it's better than all of the captain moroni business that was going around at the beginning of last year.

anyway - i'm excited for the season to start - the top 3 of the mwc should make for a fun few games against each other, and hopefully for some exciting wins against BCS teams.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #16
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
i do have to make one more comment - a mostly irrelevant observation, but it's something that has been bothering me.

does all the slogan talk that bronco does (i.e. "fully invested") bother anybody else? i hear whittingham talk, or read his remarks. While he is very boring, he is still articulate but not overly creative. Bronco always seems to be coming up with slogans like "fully invested" or "program continuity" that just drive me nuts. i guess it's better than all of the captain moroni business that was going around at the beginning of last year.

anyway - i'm excited for the season to start - the top 3 of the mwc should make for a fun few games against each other, and hopefully for some exciting wins against BCS teams.
You mean like KWhit saying..."There's no question...." before he prefaces every comment?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bronco always seems to be coming up with slogans like "fully invested" or "program continuity" that just drive me nuts.
Mission accomplished.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #18
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You mean like KWhit saying..."There's no question...." before he prefaces every comment?
No Question...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #19
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
No Question...
I like your new avatar. I saw that photo in the DesNews this morning. But they misidentified the player. It is actually Scott Johnson. I know him and his family quite well. He played at Timpview HS and returned from a mission last year. He is a walk-on. I imagine he was taking that photo since he is thrilled to be on the team and maybe wondering how long it will last. He did have an INT in practice yesterday.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #20
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I like your new avatar. I saw that photo in the DesNews this morning. But they misidentified the player. It is actually Scott Johnson. I know him and his family quite well. He played at Timpview HS and returned from a mission last year. He is a walk-on. I imagine he was taking that photo since he is thrilled to be on the team and maybe wondering how long it will last. He did have an INT in practice yesterday.
Yeah, I just thought it was a funny photo, so I threw it up there. Plus, if I'm going to be posting about President Faust's death, I don't really want to have an avatar advertising for "Stiff Nipples Air Conditioning."