cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default byu is taking Unlv to the woodshed right now

Y up 20 with 17 minutes left
Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Jimmer is really good. He's the guy on the team off the dribble and has made some really nice passes. If we can get a JC guard or if Loyd/Emery step up, next year's starting 5 will be very good.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Jimmer is really good. He's the guy on the team off the dribble and has made some really nice passes. If we can get a JC guard or if Loyd/Emery step up, next year's starting 5 will be very good.
Everyone talks about Jimmer next year - what is the mission status on him? Has he made it clear he isn't going? I've missed something somewhere...
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
Everyone talks about Jimmer next year - what is the mission status on him? Has he made it clear he isn't going? I've missed something somewhere...
He is a byu player... he will probably serve a 6 month mission and next year Goatnapper will say he is tough because he came home early
Old 02-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Mormon Red Death

that was TIC btw
Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 AM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
He is a byu player... he will probably serve a 6 month mission and next year Goatnapper will say he is tough because he came home early
The stats indicate that my theory is correct. Besides, being right isn't really being right. Getting a bunch of Ute myopics to pull string and testify of how their experience of "toughing out" their mission made them men is really being right. I mean how hard is something you have been expected to do since your mamma squeezed you out and, unless things have changed in the past 16 years, the schedule is already planned out for you?

To be honest, Jimmer is just not going to go. I don't find that to be the indicator of testicular fortitude that giving the LDS culture the middle finger is at month 6 or 7. I wonder if Jimmer will possess the ice in his blood that Max Hall has..lucky with respect to playing the mighty, mighty, mighty Utah Utes doubtful he will need it.

Praise Jim Boylen and raise your arms bruddahs and cistern!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 AM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
The stats indicate that my theory is correct. Besides, being right isn't really being right. Getting a bunch of Ute myopics to pull string and testify of how their experience of "toughing out" their mission made them men is really being right. I mean how hard is something you have been expected to do since your mamma squeezed you out and, unless things have changed in the past 16 years, the schedule is already planned out for you?

To be honest, Jimmer is just not going to go. I don't find that to be the indicator of testicular fortitude that giving the LDS culture the middle finger is at month 6 or 7. I wonder if Jimmer will possess the ice in his blood that Max Hall has..lucky with respect to playing the mighty, mighty, mighty Utah Utes doubtful he will need it.

I really admire Rose for recruiting LDS who don't plan on serving, that's almost as good as recruiting non LDS. We can leave the mission serving LDS for Utah.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

To be honest I really surprised that the non mission going folk don't receive more "pressure". maybe it goes on behind the scenes but for the church to guilt trip the normal FYM into going ("its your duty","its a commandment","You'll never get weiner played with") it seems weird these guys don't even blink when they say they aren't going.