cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #21
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jefe sees this ...

... board as a competitior, therefore he will not tolerate references to it. The Ute board(s) do not really detract from his 'client' base, so he has no problem with links to it. Still, it makes you wonder why it is ok to reference cougarfan.com, as it has an active discussion board. He even allows article links from the site. It leads me to believe he has it in, specifically, for this site. It makes sense as the members of this board would pretty much come from his board on a 1 for 1 basis, so there is almost a complete, direct relationship.

It should make Jefe realize his board is SEVERELY lacking in some significant ways if a number of his longstanding personalities want to spend more time on another board to discuss things not allowed on his site. He is sort of acting like a Microsoft in its attempts to strangle out the competition. I like his board and I will still spend time there, but I have been a vocal voice in the past with him and the moderators to open up discussion more (I am a "Committee" member after-all). This site allows for the things I was hopeful would be allowed there. I am not alone in this apparently.

It is just a matter of time before religious discussions are allowed with more depth over there. They are already planning for it to a degree, but if this board is having success, it will force more change over there to try to prevent more loss of 'clientele'.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote