cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

An attempt to say "Sparkling Wiggles" proves disastrous:

Old 07-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #12
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I think it may be time for me to clean up my iPod. Some friends were over this evening and their 9-year old daughter spent most of the night playing with my iPod. With thousands of songs to choose from, she quickly found one that had the f word in the title (an old Beck song). This was announced in front of everybody.

It actually raises a dilemma regarding children and music. There are a lot of good bands that have clean lyrics, except for one or two songs. I hear foul language regularly at work and I'm not too shy about using it either. So a swear word in a song doesn't particularly bother me, but I don't want my kids listening to it. I guess I'm at that stage in life when I need to set an example. No fun.
Tell me about t...I put an unknown CD in the player to see what was on it with my daughter in the car and it was an unedited version of Ol Dirty Bastard's "Baby I Gotcha Money." Before I could get it stopped ODB talked about how if he and a woman had intercourse one time it would ruin her for everyone else because "her coochie wouldn't get moist."

That was not an explanation I really wanted to provide right then, so I hemmed and hawed and obfuscated and deflected and then I wrote the title on the CD.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Why i cannot see the point of urging kids to utter some words which most likely you will not want them to drop when grown up