cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
This happened with me. I met my wife while camping with mutual friends- probably the last place you'd expect to find someone, what with everyone smelling like campfire, wearing flip-flops and buffs and minimal make-up. A few weeks later, there she was again, at a party that a gal who I wasn't at all interested in invited me to, and didn't anticipate knowing anyone there, and only attended to be social.
Maybe I should go on that kayaking trip this Saturday instead of preparing for a biology test. This divorced girl invited me to it, so I'll go there, look stone-faced, not say much for the course of 3 hours, and look bored out of my wits because of my inattentive type ADHD.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Maybe I should go on that kayaking trip this Saturday instead of preparing for a biology test. This divorced girl invited me to it, so I'll go there, look stone-faced, not say much for the course of 3 hours, and look bored out of my wits because of my inattentive type ADHD.
I don't get it. You paid 3500 for a seminar that teaches you to fake confidence. So why not do that? Fake some confidence, fake some interest.

Maybe you are scared of rejection and/or intimacy? Sounds like you don't want to give things a chance.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #33
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You sound as if you are afraid to succeed, to have a relationship, to have fun. As Mike said, use some of the stuff you learned during your retreat. Be interested. If you are bored, you will be boring.

Life is to be lived to the fullest. Full throttle 24/7. My parts won't rust out, they're gonna wear out.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Isn't DC a hotbed of attractive very smart educated and successful single LDS women?

If I were single, I would think DC would be a great place to be.

On the other hand, if I was further down the social ladder, maybe I would think that I was surrounded by a lot of "unobtainable" women.

Maybe your standards are too high. You want the prom queen and none of them are interested in you.
I'll tell you who is out of my league: Terryl Givens' daughter.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #35
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'll tell you who is out of my league: Terryl Givens' daughter.
If you have an education and are in the same age range, I don't believe any person is out of one's range. It's only a question if you want to pay the price of admission.