cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #11
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
I don't see what is arrogant about his statement ... I too feel for people who get into debt for a wedding ring. I'm very gratefull I had the money to purchase mine and my wife's ring with cash ... I consider it to have been an amazing blessing ... And to be blunt I come from a poor family.
You weren't that poor and yes it is a nice blessing to pay cash for your wife's ring
Old 04-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death
You weren't that poor and yes it is a nice blessing to pay cash for your wife's ring
Ok, poor is the wrong word .... how about non afluent family ... of course not everyone can be the baby of a family!

Last edited by tooblue; 04-28-2006 at 02:01 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
You're one arrogant sob, you know that?

This is just the same as some of K-Dog's posts over on CB that created such a ruckus.

No reason to let people know how affluent you are. It doesn't matter.
Hey Johnny, guess what, the ring cost over 2 k, even though I'm getting the hook up, and I only have 10 percent of my money in my checking account at one time, so you do the math on how much cash I can come up with at any given moment....

How does that make you feel?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #14
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Hey Johnny, guess what, the ring cost over 2 k, even though I'm getting the hook up, and I only have 10 percent of my money in my checking account at one time, so you do the math on how much cash I can come up with at any given moment....

How does that make you feel?
Pretty good about myself, because you just proved my point.

*sits back and waits for more people to come to fusnik's aid out of pure dislike for me.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Pretty good about myself, because you just proved my point.

*sits back and waits for more people to come to fusnik's aid out of pure dislike for me.

What is your point exactly?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That fusnik can't resist letting everyone know how loaded he is, fo shizzle yo.

He constantly brings up how he's glad money isn't a problem, yada yada yada...

Normal people would say, "I bought my fiancee's ring today. It's beautiful. I may consider posting a picture so you can all admire it."

No reason to say how much it was, or how easy it was for you to afford. No one else does that. Take a look at past marriages announced on CB.... nobody felt the need to include any information about finances.

The one instance I can think of where someone posted something about how well they were off financially is K-Dog, and he was crucified for that.

That is my point.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That fusnik can't resist letting everyone know how loaded he is, fo shizzle yo.

He constantly brings up how he's glad money isn't a problem, yada yada yada...

Normal people would say, "I bought my fiancee's ring today. It's beautiful. I may consider posting a picture so you can all admire it."

No reason to say how much it was, or how easy it was for you to afford. No one else does that. Take a look at past marriages announced on CB.... nobody felt the need to include any information about finances.

The one instance I can think of where someone posted something about how well they were off financially is K-Dog, and he was crucified for that.

That is my point.
Little 411...

I have a hook up in the diamond industry....

I got a steal on a great stone....

I paid literally half of what a normal person would pay....

I was fortunate enough to have the cash on hand to pay it in full....

I literally felt for people as I handed my cash over that have to go into a marriage with debt. That was my point. A marriage includes a huge financial investment as is, and I am seeing money can and probably will be tight. I feel it would be horrible going into a marriage with added debt because of a virtually weightless object that resides on the top of a finger....

My original post did not intend to boast of my portfolio, as I don't have 20 k plus available at my fingertips. (The secondary post was tic, fyi) I think I have made it well known on the board and on this place I am quite poor and drive a car given to me by my sister.

Last edited by fusnik11; 04-28-2006 at 06:18 PM.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
A marriage includes a huge financial investment and as, and I am seeing money can and probably will be tight.
You have no idea, Fus. No idea.

But don't back out. It's worth every penny.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #19
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't take Fussy's post as arrogance and I'm not one the "on his side" guys. Either way, if he was loaded, he admitted to us that he's not now! All his money is in a small rock that shouldn't be worth much, except DeBeer's runs its cartel and falsely inflates the value of those boogers.

On to UteStar... wife doesn't wear the ring? didn't want your surname? no wonder you're watching Veronica and the WB!

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Parrot...people mock what they don't understand--watch Veronica! Actually don't yet...the season 2 is just about done, go rent the first season. We can call each other after each episode you watch, and then talk and talk and talk about it (giggling will probably be involved). Seriously though, I know I can't pimp Veronica anymore to you, so I will be quiet. And btw, you brought it up not me this time.

I am comfortable enough in my manliness and metrosexualitiness to be fine with my wife keeping her maiden name. Though I will admit, church is hillarious because people don't know what to call us...it is amazing how confused people in our church become if things are done just a little differently. Many people will just call her my last name. She doesn't really care. We are thinking of making it easier for the kids and just taking away their last name...so they are known of with only one name like 'Renaldo' or 'Pele.' I'll let you know if we decide to do that.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote