cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Why can't I bring myself to cry for these folks?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/31/news...ion=2008033105

They were part of granting high interest loans to bad credit risks. Geez. Wonder why that calculation went wrong. I'm sad they can't afford their $10K per month budget.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post

They were part of granting high interest loans to bad credit risks. Geez. Wonder why that calculation went wrong. I'm sad they can't afford their $10K per month budget.
In the article, Kent says, "It's very expensive to live in Orange County, and you pay a lot for your home and you can't get what it's worth now."

Wrong. You pay a lot for your home, and you can't get what you WISH it was worth.

With apologies for those of you from California, I don't understand why so many people move to that state, given the outrageous cost of living and commute times most people have to deal with. Some of them need to learn how to compare salaries before they accept a job there.

A headhunter contacted me about a month ago about an "opportunity" in sunny California. When she provided me with the expected salary range, I just laughed about it to my wife, and sent the headhunter an e-mail saying "no thank you". My current salary was towards the upper end of the range, and this is in a place where you can buy a 3 year old 3000 sq ft ranch home on 1/3 of an acre for under $350k. And most people have a commute time of less than 15 minutes. So tell me again about that "opportunity"?
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post

Lets all observe a moment of silence for all the slide rule manufacturers who lost their jobs when the calculator was invented. As well, all the hand churners of butter.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

My favorite part:

Quote:
And they've made cutbacks: trading in Kent's Corvette for a Suburban and getting rid of the gardener, for example. But the couple also has learned that it didn't need everything it used to spend money on.

"We used to eat out a lot. Now we are the leftover king and queen," said Kent.
Welcome to the middle class, Kent. Nice to have you back with us.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote