cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

BEHIND ENEMY LINES is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I fully agree with BYU71..."nearly no risk"...which is nice talk for 'we will invest your money and there will be A LOT of risk.'
The way that I understand it they don't invest for their clients they only teach individuals how to invest and how to minimize the risk in those investments.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEHIND ENEMY LINES View Post
They never told me that it was risk free, they did say that their program teaches how to minimize risk.

50% returns and minimize risk should be words never used in the same paragraph. Maybe in their brochure they use them several pages apart.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

add another 3 zeros to that 10,000, and you might have enough for BYU71 to spend some time with you. He only deals with big ballers though.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

How many people do you have to have in your downline in order to get to that 50% return?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #15
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

BEHIND ENEMY LINES is on a distinguished road
Default That is what I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
add another 3 zeros to that 10,000, and you might have enough for BYU71 to spend some time with you. He only deals with big ballers though.
I feel like I am stuck in the middle. I dont have hundreds of thousands to invest but I have more that my sons piggy bank.

The other reason why I was thinking about this education program is that just before this recent downturn in the stock market I invested in some mutual funds and they took a hit and I lost about $5,000. I understand that you have to have a long term perspective with the market, and that I will get it back (in fact I actually just bought more), however I like the idea of minimizing the risk through the strategies that they discuss.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #16
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I feel like I am stuck in the middle. I dont have hundreds of thousands to invest but I have more that my sons piggy bank.

The other reason why I was thinking about this education program is that just before this recent downturn in the stock market I invested in some mutual funds and they took a hit and I lost about $5,000. I understand that you have to have a long term perspective with the market, and that I will get it back (in fact I actually just bought more), however I like the idea of minimizing the risk through the strategies that they discuss.
People a lot more brilliant than you are, are using math you (or FMCoug) will never understand to create investments that are much more complicated than you will ever understand to do exactly what this company says they'll teach you. Those people got hammered in the market much worse than your $5,000.

If it's for a long term investment, put it in a Vanguard index fund and forget about it. If you have over 50K, you can start developing an asset allocation strategy and use a few different funds. But with that move you'll increase your return (or reduce your risk at same return) very marginally. Not in the manner you're thinking.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

There are alot of these companies in Utah. Investools is one, Russ Whitney's sales force is here in Utah, my bro in law works for them. I wouldn't give a dime to any of these outfits, they're all beyond shady IMO.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #18
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am reminded of when I first got in the investment business a long time ago.

At first I was only allowed to talk to people about CD's. I cold called this one guy and he said all he had left was $40,000. He had just lost $40,000 with a commodity trader. He said he couldn't afford to lose another dime.

For months I called him on CD's, then when I got licensed, T-Bill and bonds. Never could close the deal. Then one day he said, I have invested the money. I ask where?

His answer, with the commodity guy that had lost the $40,000. He had convinced him he could get his money back. I hadn't really listened well. He didn't want to not lose his remaining 40, he wanted to get the 40 back he lost and he was waiting for someone to convince him they could.

He said call him in a few months. I said no. He said why. I said, because you won't have any money.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
dallas dan

dallas dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am about to spend about 10K with an investment education company named Spread Trade Systems. They teach how to structure spread trades and options. Has anyone heard of these guys? They are based out of Lehi (near thanksgiving point). I understand that they are similar to Investools but are a notch above. They say that you can structure a trade so that there is nearly no risk and that I should expect to earn a 50% return on money invested in the market using their principles. One thing that interests me is that they offer this: Money Back Guarantee (if you don't see improvement in your performance we will work with you individually until you do, or give you your money back!) I checked them out on the BBB and they look clean.

Any advice from you finance gurus would be appreciated.

http://www.spreadtradesystems.com/
I just got into this cool company called Amway. All you need to do is sign up underme for 2K, and we will be all set. The residuals are amazing. Would you like to be in my downline. You will more than likely be able to retire within the year.
dallas dan is offline   Reply With Quote