cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat
Default Google

I FINALLY bought some GOOG yesterday. I was tired of seeing it going up and up, while I sit on the sidelines. Bad timing though! I am down 5.5% on it already. HOWEVER...thank goodness I didn't take my full position yet, so I can still add to it. This is also a position I plan on holding for quite some time.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #2
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

Exact same boat.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug

Guess I shouldn't feel so bad about losing so much of my GOOG gains. It's still up 35% from when I bought.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #4
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

The only co-worker I have that does anything in the markets applied for a high-level job at Google as it was getting started. He's an accomplished techie and was qualified for the position, but they still wanted more. At that point he decided to get in whenever they went public and he got 1,000 shares back around $140 and he keeps me well updated on its progress.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
The only co-worker I have that does anything in the markets applied for a high-level job at Google as it was getting started. He's an accomplished techie and was qualified for the position, but they still wanted more. At that point he decided to get in whenever they went public and he got 1,000 shares back around $140 and he keeps me well updated on its progress.
Good for him. Wish I had done the same instead of listening to those people saying their IPO price was too expensive.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote