cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight 93....

Anyone going to see it?

I'll see it and hopefully feel for what happened...

I literally have no emotional attachment to 9/11 and the events surrounding the attacks. I was on my mission while it happened and I remember the day like it was yesterday.

We get out of a zone conference, (guess what Johnny I was zone leader and assistant) I head to my favorite restaurant in my area to get some great arabic food, the tv in the restaurant is on, I see the Twin Towers burning and the line on the tv reads, 'USA under attack'...

I look to the Elder I was with, say check that out, he looks at it, we look at each other, shrug our shoulders and walk out of the restaurant....

We eat lunch, make no mention of what is going on, start working, tract into a home where the lady asks my companion if he was American, and if he was what he was doing on the street as our country is being attacked, we set an appointment with her, look at each other again, shrug our shoulders and move to the next home...

The next morning I purchase the morning paper, see the imagery of what is going on, show my companion, read the articles, shrug our shoulders and work the whole next day..

While I find the events horrifying, insane, malicious, etc, I find the emotional attachment I feel to it on par with the emotional feelings I have on the great travesties of the past century, I view them as horrible incidents but lack a sense of personal feeling associated with the events.....

Maybe this movie will help me...
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

On the contrary, I still get quite emotional about it. I have a very tough time watching footage of the building on fire or coming down.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

9/11 was tough emotionally.. i watched news footage all day and skipped classes.. This movie looks like it will be very tough to watch.. haven't decided if i will yet..
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
1st&10

1st&10

I cant wait to see it. My dad was accross the street from the pentagon on 9/11 so he witnessed the event first hand. We didnt hear from him for about 12 hours when he could get a phone that worked. Micheal Medved said that the film was well done so I am excited to see it.
1st&10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st&amp View Post
I cant wait to see it. My dad was accross the street from the pentagon on 9/11 so he witnessed the event first hand. We didnt hear from him for about 12 hours when he could get a phone that worked. Micheal Medved said that the film was well done so I am excited to see it.
Can your dad positively finger the plane as it hit the pentagon? Because I have seen footage that looks more like a missle entering the pentagon than a 747...

Anyone believe this plane was shot down? On one of the first dates I went on after the mission I was told by the mother of the girl I was picking up, that she believed the flight 93 was shot down...
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Anyone going to see it?

I literally have no emotional attachment to 9/11 and the events surrounding the attacks. I was on my mission while it happened and I remember the day like it was yesterday.

We get out of a zone conference, (guess what Johnny I was zone leader and assistant) I head to my favorite restaurant in my area to get some great arabic food, the tv in the restaurant is on, I see the Twin Towers burning and the line on the tv reads, 'USA under attack'...

I look to the Elder I was with, say check that out, he looks at it, we look at each other, shrug our shoulders and walk out of the restaurant....

We eat lunch, make no mention of what is going on, start working, tract into a home where the lady asks my companion if he was American, and if he was what he was doing on the street as our country is being attacked, we set an appointment with her, look at each other again, shrug our shoulders and move to the next home...

The next morning I purchase the morning paper, see the imagery of what is going on, show my companion, read the articles, shrug our shoulders and work the whole next day..

While I find the events horrifying, insane, malicious, etc, I find the emotional attachment I feel to it on par with the emotional feelings I have on the great travesties of the past century, I view them as horrible incidents but lack a sense of personal feeling associated with the events.....

i was on my mission when "9/11" happened as well. i was home again on the 1 year anniversary of the event and i was able to rewatch all the footage of just about everything and i think i got a pretty good feel for it. i don't deal well with death anyway, so i don't think i'm going to see it.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

my dad is a United pilot and he was in the air on 9/11.. that made it all more nervewracking..
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Can your dad positively finger the plane as it hit the pentagon? Because I have seen footage that looks more like a missle entering the pentagon than a 747...

Anyone believe this plane was shot down? On one of the first dates I went on after the mission I was told by the mother of the girl I was picking up, that she believed the flight 93 was shot down...
www.question911.com

THere are some great conspiracies about a missle hitting the pentagon and not a plane. The big one is there was no wreckage, planes leave wreckage. The second thing was all the stores with surveillance in the area immediately had their surveillance videos taken within minutes of the so called plane crashing.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #9
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie
www.question911.com

THere are some great conspiracies about a missle hitting the pentagon and not a plane. The big one is there was no wreckage, planes leave wreckage. The second thing was all the stores with surveillance in the area immediately had their surveillance videos taken within minutes of the so called plane crashing.
Groan. Here we go again.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Anyone going to see it?

I have the same thoughts about BYU's BYU's NC in '84. I was in Italy when it happened so it doesn't seem real. Perhaps someone should make a movie about it, eh?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote