cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I look at is: I have been taking care of my kids for years. I am paying much more than 10% for these kids to have a roof over their heads, food on their table, etc. My two kids are two kids in serious need if they didn't have me. Yes, they are both under the age of 4 but I am taking care of them. Without me, my kids would be penniless. I need to talk to my bishop about this being my tithing for the year. I'll let you know how it goes.

Actually, Fusnik, if you can get that bishops name and phone number, I may want to talk to him first about 'approving' this before going to my home bishop. Thanks in advance.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #12
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

I got my paycheck today and have decided that I will instead of paying tithing, I'm going to try the distribute 10% in my own charitable way theory.

I am going to pull out 10% (of gross not net of course) and hit the local strip club. There I pay for some lap dances and make sure to mention the church at the end. I may even give a stripper a Book of Mormon. I think I have finally found my calling in the church.

Last edited by mpfunk; 07-14-2006 at 07:21 PM.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk
I got my paycheck today and have decided that I will instead of paying tithing, I'm going to try the distribute 10% in my own charitable way theory.

I am going to pull out 10% (of gross not net of course) and hit the local strip club. There I pay for some lap dances and make sure to mention the church at the end. I may even give a stripper a Book of Mormon. I think I have finally found my calling in the church.
Why do you think the pass along cards were invented? You are telling me one of those doesn't slide right into a g-string? They do, trust me, they do.

As far as tithing, is not the world our church?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #14
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Why do you think the pass along cards were invented? You are telling me one of those doesn't slide right into a g-string? They do, trust me, they do.

Yes I'll need to get a few pass along cards. Give them out with the dollar bills. At the clubs here in Portland there is not going to be much of a chance at slipping one of those cards into a g-string, those things do not really stay on the stripper for very long. However, there is still ample opportunity to give out a few pass along cards.

We all have a purpose in this life. I think my purpose is converting strippers.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #15
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11

Ummm, no.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:13 AM   #16
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
The bishop is milquetoast, and he's not doing his job. Tithing must go the the Church. That's the only rational and orderly way to proceed. You're friend's arrogance is astounding. Were everyone to take his approach the Church would soon collapse. Sounds like your friend is a closet apostate who doesn't want to pay all that money to an institution he doesn't believe in.

Could be. Or he could just be misguided about how adventurous he's allowed to be in paying his tithing.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 AM   #17
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man, I just had the smack layed down on me by the grapevine. For that reason alone, I feel that I should now give 15% just to be forgiven for my silliness.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #18
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
Oh man, I just had the smack layed down on me by the grapevine. For that reason alone, I feel that I should now give 15% just to be forgiven for my silliness.
I know and to think he did not smack me down for my stripper conversion tithing idea. Because the vine did not disapprove, I'm am sure it is alright to proceed. Anyone know where I can pick up some pass along cards to give out with my tips?