cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road
Default So I guess Real is done for in SLC?

The arbitrary deadline is approaching and I haven't heard word one about any progress for a stadium.

Maybe Real Madrid's arrival will spur some thought into a stadium once again. If not, shame on SLC. For all of their talk about trying to find something to bring people downtown, it appears they aren't willing to do anything that would actually cost them money (I noticed that the acquarium is also once again not an option).

Downtown will continue in mediocrity.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

The Trib talked today about how Rocky is stepping up his efforts...on top of that, the legislature is meeting about various surplus funding interests this week and I have a feeling that they are talking. I think something will be worked out in the end whether it is downtown (where it should be) or out in Sandy.

I agree that the downtown needs to step up to the plate...but SLC downtown is much much better than it was 10 years ago. With Gateway, trax, soon to be re-developed malls downtown, it looks much better. I guess we'll see how it all turns out.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
The Trib talked today about how Rocky is stepping up his efforts...on top of that, the legislature is meeting about various surplus funding interests this week and I have a feeling that they are talking. I think something will be worked out in the end whether it is downtown (where it should be) or out in Sandy.

I agree that the downtown needs to step up to the plate...but SLC downtown is much much better than it was 10 years ago. With Gateway, trax, soon to be re-developed malls downtown, it looks much better. I guess we'll see how it all turns out.

Sounds like it will happen today or not at all.

I don't really understand Rocky's plan here. The County Council rejected an old plan because it was too much money. Rocky's revised solution is then to make the county pay for even more?

Is he trying to make this fail? Rocky is starting to sound more and more like Bullwinkle.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote