cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
COme on, you guys are fighting just to fight. Of COURSE A-B expects people to like them better for this ad. How can you deny this? And yes the ad was GREAT, even with the reality of A-B's additional motive. You are both right and what is the point of arguing about htis? Move it over to deal with Romney's great or abominable speech or the sexiest woman alive, you know, something that MATTERS, fer cryin' out loud.
Isn't that exactly what I said?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
COme on, you guys are fighting just to fight. Of COURSE A-B expects people to like them better for this ad. How can you deny this? And yes the ad was GREAT, even with the reality of A-B's additional motive. You are both right and what is the point of arguing about htis? Move it over to deal with Romney's great or abominable speech or the sexiest woman alive, you know, something that MATTERS, fer cryin' out loud.
This is thing I don't get. How do you know what their motive was, eh? I don't. Could they have all been sitting a smoky room behind closed doors, rubbing their hands together, sneering, "NOW they will buy more beer!!"

Sure.

But the ad didn't reflect that. In fact it represented nothing like an advertisement at all. It was about as subtle and non-intrusive as an ad could possibly be. NorCal is right on this ... you and Cali are painting a picture such that NO company can offer a thank you of ANY kind, unless they do it anonymously.

Seems hypersensitive to me.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 12-07-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Isn't that exactly what I said?
Your typing and structure was better than mine.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This is thing I don't get. How do you know what their motive was, eh? I don't. Could they have all been sitting a smoky room behind closed doors, rubbing their hands together, sneering, "NOW they will buy more beer!!"

Sure.

But the ad didn't reflect that. In fact it represented nothing like an advertisement at all. NorCal is right on this ... you and Cali are painting a picture such that NO company can offer a thank you of ANY kind, unless they do it anonymously.

Seems hypersensitive to me.
I had a cat that used to sit by the door to go out and then, when I got up to let her out, she would sit by the door and call to come back in and she would do this over and over playing, I think, a game of "let's make the stupid human move." The cat taught me a lesson.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Cali Coug

Quote:
Your typing and structure was better than mine.
lol! thkan yuo.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #16
Tex

Quote:
I had a cat that used to sit by the door to go out and then, when I got up to let her out, she would sit by the door and call to come back in and she would do this over and over playing, I think, a game of "let's make the stupid human move." The cat taught me a lesson.
I guess I can concede that most of Cali's posts would be better if he wouldn't attach his name to them, either.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I guess I can concede that most of Cali's posts would be better if he wouldn't attach his name to them, either.
The Tex insult machine is just not at full speed today. Are you watching tv while typing or something?

Who knew that my post about an ad that I really enjoyed which praised the troops would draw so much criticism from Tex. I guess it just shows that Tex is far more interested in the messenger than the message (not that we didn't already know that). Maybe I should just change my moniker to Ridiculously Partisan Hack Conservative Coug so Tex will agree with me 100% of the time.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
creekster

That same cat used to puke on the carpet a lot. As a result, we got rid of her.

My time in this thread, having been spent for no good, is now done.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
The Tex insult machine is just not at full speed today. Are you watching tv while typing or something?

Who knew that my post about an ad that I really enjoyed which praised the troops would draw so much criticism from Tex. I guess it just shows that Tex is far more interested in the messenger than the message (not that we didn't already know that). Maybe I should just change my moniker to Ridiculously Partisan Hack Conservative Coug so Tex will agree with me 100% of the time.
I thought the ad was excellent. It actually came out last year.

I simply think people should just enjoy the spirit it which it was created, instead of having to put a little asterisk next to it, noting some perceived flaw.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #20
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Danimal works with alcoholic vets. Given the number of soldiers that return home and take to the bottle, I'd say this ad came from an appropriate source. AB is saying, "thank you for keeping us in business."
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote