cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #21
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think they need to be added to the Constitution, but then again I'm not a Constitution fanatic that some on the right are. For example, the UK has no consitituion and they seem to do OK. Also, there have been plenty of nations where their constitution has been suspended, some of them allies of ours, or in one case, we supported the suspension of the constitution, supported toppling a democratic government in a nation with a long history of democracy.

So if it makes the hard right feel any better, and helps feed a fantasy where a uber conservative / Libertarian government can take over and jettison social programs, I have no interest in changing the consitution.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't care if you want to talk about it or not.
No one's forcing you to click "reply." Idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
I don't think they need to be added to the Constitution, but then again I'm not a Constitution fanatic that some on the right are. For example, the UK has no consitituion and they seem to do OK. Also, there have been plenty of nations where their constitution has been suspended, some of them allies of ours, or in one case, we supported the suspension of the constitution, supported toppling a democratic government in a nation with a long history of democracy.

So if it makes the hard right feel any better, and helps feed a fantasy where a uber conservative / Libertarian government can take over and jettison social programs, I have no interest in changing the consitution.
That's comforting.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #23
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
No one's forcing you to click "reply." Idiot.

That's comforting.
Talk about a non-sequitur. See- trouble with logic. Although me attempting to explain logic to an illogical person is also a bit illogical. I just blew my own mind.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Talk about a non-sequitur. See- trouble with logic. Although me attempting to explain logic to an illogical person is also a bit illogical. I just blew my own mind.
There's a special psychopathy in Cali Coug continuing to post in a thread on a topic he cares nothing about.

As for the FDR amendments, Cali unintentionally stumbles on to a good side point: liberal logic says we don't need to amend the Constitution to constitutionally require these things.

All we need to do is find a provision in the Constitution to stretch. Maybe providing each American a home could be put under the commerce clause somehow. Or maybe due process? Maybe renters could file lawsuits complaining they are discriminated against. Maybe they could demand as an American right, the right to a mortgage.

Hmm, this is starting to sound familiar ... hello, subprime lending crisis ...

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote