cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
My point is that there have been people here who have claimed anti-Obama-ism has nothing to do with race.

I have proven that it has a lot to do with race.

You ignore my proof and dismiss it out of hand.

You have your head in the sand.
This is like beat poetry. It rhyms and is written in meters. I think you are a prophet of some kind.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
This is like beat poetry. It rhyms and is written in meters. I think you are a prophet of some kind.
I was a poet (probably a bad one) in a former life.

My only published poem in a real journal was one of those BYU journals. I also published a poem or two in the Student Review (silly ones).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
Tavern Knight

Tavern Knight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
in their decision.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/...ddemocrats.php

So much for the theory that racism wasn't involved.
My sister, BIL, and their 8 children live in WV, I wonder which two of them are racist. Who knew?
Tavern Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
20% admitting that they are racist when someone asks them is a staggering number.

I expect 2-3 times with the same view to not reveal their racism.

OK if I give you 2 times that's 40%. Is that a lot, we can probably agree that it is too many.

You want to take back the "your head is in the sand", gratuitous slap at people in Utah and their intelligence. Would you like to admit that I can think on the same level as you without you advising me to put my "thinking cap on" so I can enter into a conversation with you.

It would have been so much easier if you had just responded to my querry as you did in this post without all the self flagilation you go through.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
Tavern Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
The worst thing that has happened in having ex-ute show up here is that some of you think his discussion style is something to emulate.
Good one, '71, that's actually a good point. I don't know what to be more surprised by, that you made a good point, that you knew a word like emulate (and spelled it right), or that you're actually winning an argument (aside from in your own mind).

Mike, no matter how often you repeat "2 out of 10 admit they're racist", that is still NOT what the article said. You also seem to be pretending that all of the "racists" voted for Billary, but that's not supported by the article either.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #16
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavern Knight View Post
Good one, '71, that's actually a good point. I don't know what to be more surprised by, that you made a good point, that you knew a word like emulate (and spelled it right), or that you're actually winning an argument (aside from in your own mind).

Mike, no matter how often you repeat "2 out of 10 admit they're racist", that is still NOT what the article said. You also seem to be pretending that all of the "racists" voted for Billary, but that's not supported by the article either.
How much credence do we give an argument like this from someone who has called himself Dixie.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am saying that if race was a very important factor in your decision, then you are a racist.

BYU71, care to opine?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
Tavern Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
How much credence do we give an argument like this from someone who has called himself Dixie.
Yeah, 'cause clearly anybody who claims ties to any "Dixie" is obviously a racist. Just like those people in St. George. Quick, SU, your ignorance is showing!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #19
Tavern Knight

Quote:
Yes, I am saying that if race was a very important factor in your decision, then you are a racist.

BYU71, care to opine?
I know that's what you're saying, but that doesn't make it any more true. Indy made some good points along this line if I understood him correctly. Care to respond to those?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #20
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavern Knight View Post
Yeah, 'cause clearly anybody who claims ties to any "Dixie" is obviously a racist. Just like those people in St. George. Quick, SU, your ignorance is showing!!!
The founders of St. George (UT I presume you mean) weren't racist? News to me.

—Paul Auster