cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
It's really pretty impressive how many strategic errors this campaign has made. McCain should have run away with this election, with as many liabilities as Obama has.
I see it as a miracle that McCain is still kind of in this thing.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Republicans perfected the art of trivial matters. Don't you remember the mocking of John Kerry's hunting, windsurfing and cycling outfits? John Edwards haircuts? Hillary's haircuts? Bill Clinton's haircuts?

If anything, they should have learned from the fuss over McCain's multiple homes and his wife's six-figure bling. Don't do anything that looks elitist! Simple lesson that fell on deaf ears.
I dont think Mike Dukakis has ever recovered from the infamous tank photo. Please don't bust that one out again....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #33
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
this would have never happend had romney been nominated.
lol!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #34
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
You need to read better...I don't do Target. Her shopping there would make the general public feel better about her. She dresses sharp and you can tell. At least I can tell. It was a great move for her to spend the money to find the clothes she liked...it was a bad, bad more PR wise for her.

Anyway, continue on enjoying Dayton fashions.
YOhio called me the other day and asked "what people were wearing in California."

LOL!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #35
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Again, I don't disagree that it was part of marketing. They need their candidate to look good in her 3 month long job interview.

You keep sidestepping the issue....I am saying it was a political blunder....not a moral one, not an economic one, not a legal one. If she had done her shopping at local shops, discount retailers, etc.....she would have easy leverage over all the Washington fatcats that drop egregious money on Eye-talian suits. Just another lost opportunity for Sarah Barracuda.

The other thing is that the clothing she is buying doesnt even fit her well. She is wasting your political donations on frumpy coats, poochy skirts, etc....I thought Hillary needed a stylist....Palin's wardrobe cries out for sartorial intervention.

Also, why are you so mad at the media? They warned you months ago that the economy was in trouble. You should have listened back then.

Sorry, my life has gotten very serious of late. I manage about $100 million of my clients money and these are not fun times. I use the boards to release pressure not accumulate them. At another time going back and forth with you and your yanking my chain was fun and you are good at it.

By the way, the media didn't warn of shit.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #36
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The other thing is that the clothing she is buying doesnt even fit her well. She is wasting your political donations on frumpy coats, poochy skirts, etc....I thought Hillary needed a stylist....Palin's wardrobe cries out for sartorial intervention.
Sorry, TD. I'm not sure you're going to persuade our socially-conservative evangelical potential-VP to dress from the Victoria's Secret "Body at Work" collection.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #37
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
YOhio called me the other day and asked "what people were wearing in California."

LOL!
Did you tell them they are wearing 'We love Gay' shirts and 'Down with Mormons' shirts. Hopefully you helped him though because its tough for him to visualize himself wearing something other than plaid flannel.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #38
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hardly fits in with her phony Joe Six Pack persona she wants everyone to embrace.
I agree, though I doubt many voters are going to give this a second look, even Joe Six Packs. Her persona is not only genuinely imbued in the electorate on its own merits, but it has been reinforced by media lampooning. It'll be a true feat of magic if the media can now pivot and call her an elitist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
It's really pretty impressive how many strategic errors this campaign has made. McCain should have run away with this election, with as many liabilities as Obama has.
Nonsense. Bush has a historically low approval rating, and though the Dem Congress is lower, America has transfixed its anger on the White House, and the White House alone. Obama has the entire media establishment rooting him on, covering for him, and he was gift-wrapped an economic crisis just at the moment McCain was charging.

McCain has had his own problems to be sure, to say he should've "run away" with the election is laughable. It's amazing he's even still within striking distance.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #39
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Sorry, my life has gotten very serious of late. I manage about $100 million of my clients money and these are not fun times. I use the boards to release pressure not accumulate them. At another time going back and forth with you and your yanking my chain was fun and you are good at it.

By the way, the media didn't warn of shit.
Well, best of luck to you in your business. I can only imagine the pressure. I wish you nothing but success, hermano, for both you and your clients. I am feeling the pinch in the maretplace, but not as directly as you given the nature of your work.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #40
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Did you tell them they are wearing 'We love Gay' shirts and 'Down with Mormons' shirts. Hopefully you helped him though because its tough for him to visualize himself wearing something other than plaid flannel.
I played a trick on him and told him that everyone was wearing "Choose Life" or sleeveless Union Jack t shirts.