cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default A beautiful day in America.

Regardless of how you feel about Obama, today is one of the most remarkable and moving moments in American history. To think that at the founding of this great nation, Obama would have been 3/5ths of a person. To think of all those who have bled and died for equal rights for minorities, whose greatest aspiration would have been freedom for them and others, never even contemplating the possibility of a black president. To think that a mere 50 years ago, this nation was debating the merits of permitting blacks to eat in the same restaurant and drink from the same water fountain, and that an act as simple as sitting in the front of a bus would take courage and fortitude unlike anything most of us will ever experience.

Today is indeed one of the single greatest moments in American history. God bless America.

Now let's get started.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Gloating has begun. Right on cue.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Regardless of how you feel about Obama, today is one of the most remarkable and moving moments in American history. To think that at the founding of this great nation, Obama would have been 3/5ths of a person. To think of all those who have bled and died for equal rights for minorities, whose greatest aspiration would have been freedom for them and others, never even contemplating the possibility of a black president. To think that a mere 50 years ago, this nation was debating the merits of permitting blacks to eat in the same restaurant and drink from the same water fountain, and that an act as simple as sitting in the front of a bus would take courage and fortitude unlike anything most of us will ever experience.

Today is indeed one of the single greatest moments in American history. God bless America.

Now let's get started.
Well said.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Gloating has begun. Right on cue.
actually, that was downright tempered for a cali post.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #5
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Now let's get started.
What's your plan?
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

You lifted that from The Frederick Douglass Weekly.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #7
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Now let's get started.
It's hard to argue with any of that. If it's safe to say that we can finally put our racist past behind us, I'm all for it.

Sadly, though, any opposition to Obama during his presidency will be met with the convenient shouts of racism from the left. So if your side is really interested in change, let's start with that.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Yes, in one sense it is a beautiful day, but I wonder if libs would be saying the same thing if the first black president was a conservative republican?

BTW, that's a rhetorical question so you don't have to answer.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
It's hard to argue with any of that. If it's safe to say that we can finally put our racist past behind us, I'm all for it.

Sadly, though, any opposition to Obama during his presidency will be met with the convenient shouts of racism from the left. So if your side is really interested in change, let's start with that.
I agree with you 100%.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:51 AM   #10
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I agree with you 100%.
I agree with you 98.7% I'm just disappointed my vote for Bob Barr wasn't enough to get him elected.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote