cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A translation of Archaea and Outlier

about a CB poster's revelation that his wife and son saw two murder victims at their neighbors house.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1453085

I knew it was German, but I don't know German. Thank goodness for the net. I now have perfect translations.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Quote:
Archaea: einige Leute spinnen

ich koennte niemals meiner Familie diese Last zugeben.

Verrueckt.

Outlier: Was wenn deine Familie sowas haben will?

So scheint's mir in diesem Fall. Na ja. So etwas koennte ich auch nicht tun, wuerde aber nicht sagen, das derjenige der sowas tut deswegen "verrueckt" sein muss. Nur dass er anders von mir ist.

Aussenlieger

Archaea: Wieso kann ein Kind seinen Willen entwaehlen?

Man muss von einem Kind denken, nicht nur von selbst.
Quote:
Archaea: some people spiders. I could never admit this load to my family. Moved.

Outlier: What if your family sowas to have wants? So scheint's me in this case. Well. Such a thing I could also not do, would however not say, which that does sowas therefore be "moved" must. Only that it is different from me. Aussenlieger

Archaea: Why can a child its will entwaehlen? One must think from a child, not only automatically.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:10 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Outlier continues on....

Quote:
Outlier: Da sehe ich nicht ganz ein.

Ich meine, wer darf ein Kind erziehen? Wer darf die Entscheidung treffen was bei dieser Erziehung "in Ordnung" ist? Ich verstehe schon, dass eine Zeile (right word? Linie doesn't sound right) gezeichnet werden muss (dass Kinder taeglich geschlangen werden darf nicht sein), aber bei der scheinbar erhoeherten Gefahr in der diese Kinder ihrer Eltern wegen wohnene scheint's mir, dass von einer verstaendlichen, logischen Weltanschauung entsprechende Vorteile fuer die Kinder zu finden sein moegen. Ich meine, die Eltern meinen, dass es sich lohnen wird, dass ihre Kinder diese Umgebung miterleben. Ich kann nicht sicher sein, dass das nicht stimmt.

Wieder gesagt: ich bin nicht einverstanden mit dieser Erziehungstrategie. (Wuerde gerne wieder in Sudkalifornien wohenen, doch nur in dem sudlichen teil des Orangenkreises oder im Sankt Jakobs Kreis. Je naeher man an LA wird, desto schlecter ALLES wird...) Ich sage aber nur, dass ich verstehen kann, dass einer doch sowas waehlen koennte ohen gerade verrueckt zu sein.

Mach's gut.

Quote:
Outlier: There I see not completely. I mean, who may educate a child? Who may make the decision which during this education "correct" is? I understand already that a line (right word? Line doesn't sound right) to be drawn must (that children will daily geschlangen may not not be), but with the apparently erhoeherten danger into these children of its parents because of wohnene scheint's me that from an understandable, logical world view appropriate advantages for the children to be found to have to like. I mean, parents mean that it will be worthwhile itself that their children see this environment. I cannot be safe that that is not correct. Again said: I do not agree with these Erziehungstrategie. (became gladly again in Sudkalifornien wohenen, but only in the sudlichen part the orange circle or in sank Jakob's circle. The more near one at LA will, EVERYTHING becomes the more schlecter...) I legend however only that I understand can that one could select sowas ohen straight nevertheless to be moved. Mach's well.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:14 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

LOL.

Quote:
Archaea: endlich habe ich dich ueberzeugt Du bist ein kluger Kerl.
Quote:
Archaea: finally I have you convince you am an intelligent chap.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:15 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Ok, now they're posting too much and I'm too tired to translate. Its' hard on the mouse clicker.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default humorous

spinnen is also a verb meaning some people are crazy.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Spiders are crazy in German?

What the heck is this?

Quote:
One does not say Mach's well however into the trousers in such a way with the Duesseldorfer.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:24 AM   #7
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

I blame the spiders for that, too. Maybe it's a good thing I make a lot of typos when writing German.

o
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:24 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Outlier: Are nevertheless more intelligent in the west. In the east it makes good one, all the same where. * There * it gives crazy people. "as one can do in a country wohen where it queues and bears gives? Must be nevertheless dreadful!"
This one kind of makes sense:

Quote:
Outlier: I do not understand why it in such a way which selected and now seems surprised. Did it expect otherwise something? That must be already the environment, which he wanted, not truely? Well okay. It is already moved also with my senses. Would not like to away-tear its children perhaps however equal.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #9
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

"Mach's gut" means, literally, "Make it good". It's sort of a colloquial parting phrase. "Mach's gut, aber nicht in die Hose" literally means "Make it good, but not in the (your) pants."

o
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #10
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

That's cool - can it translate grapevinian?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote