cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 07-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default In-N-Out Hype

I'll admit, I thought the hype for In-N-Out was a bit much. But I'll give it to them, for their prices, the burger I ate was delicious. No question it is hands down better than Chadders, and was pretty tasty.

I upset my wife a bit when I brought our order back to the table and proceeded to down a 4x4. I told her if I was going to do In-N-Out, I was going to do it right. I did forget to order a shake, but my old man did and it looked pretty good. I'm sure we'll eat there again, so I'll have to give it a go.

As far as true Fast Food goes, In-N-Out is head and shoulders above the McDonalds/Burger King/Carl's Jr chains, and IMO is in the same league as a Big Ben's Burger Bar. Of course, I was raised on Burger Bar, so that may be what I lean towards for a good burger. But In-N-Out didn't disappoint me either. Were they in Utah, I'd be a regular.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I
As far as true Fast Food goes, In-N-Out is head and shoulders above the McDonalds/Burger King/Carl's Jr chains, and IMO is in the same league as a Big Ben's Burger Bar. Of course, I was raised on Burger Bar, so that may be what I lean towards for a good burger. But In-N-Out didn't disappoint me either. Were they in Utah, I'd be a regular.
Would you have to change your name to TheSizzle48?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

A 4x4? Dang, you don't mess around.

Did you go animal style? I like the 3 x 3 animal style with fries well and a lemonade.

You can also animal style the fries, but that is a bit much.

IO is a nice burger, but it does suffer from so much tourist hype. Sounds like you enjoyed it for what it was....a really nice burger experience, but not the be all end all of dining. Sometimes CBers go overboard with the worship.

I agree though...normal fast food places need not apply. Yuck.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Never been to In and Out, is it really that AMAZING? Surfah says so, but I think he just wants to be cool, anyone with an unbiased opinion?
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
A 4x4? Dang, you don't mess around.

Did you go animal style? I like the 3 x 3 animal style with fries well and a lemonade.

You can also animal style the fries, but that is a bit much.

IO is a nice burger, but it does suffer from so much tourist hype. Sounds like you enjoyed it for what it was....a really nice burger experience, but not the be all end all of dining. Sometimes CBers go overboard with the worship.

I agree though...normal fast food places need not apply. Yuck.
I'm not a big mustard/pickles guy on a burger, so I didn't go Animal Style. I think what I was most impressed with was their prices. It was cheaper eating at In-N-Out than McDonalds. That reason alone is probably enough to get me to go back on this trip.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Would you have to change your name to TheSizzle48?
No. But I would have rather been TheSizzle42.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I'm not a big mustard/pickles guy on a burger, so I didn't go Animal Style. I think what I was most impressed with was their prices. It was cheaper eating at In-N-Out than McDonalds. That reason alone is probably enough to get me to go back on this trip.
Animal is the sauce, grilled onions, and mustard grilled into the patty. Yum. If you want to do it the real way.....

Also, try one protein style, wrapped in lettuce. doesnt taste any better, but it is a unique experience eating a burger using lettuce as the bookends.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Never been to In and Out, is it really that AMAZING? Surfah says so, but I think he just wants to be cool, anyone with an unbiased opinion?
It's actually more cool to hate on In-N-Out than like it, as there is more than one facility in existence. I think the California-ness outweighs in this case. Am I getting that right, DDD?

Damn...I forgot--smiley faces are NOT cool.

In-N-Out's a great burger, and I still can't figure out how they sell it so cheap. Outstanding service, great fresh tomatoes and lettuce, burger grilled fresh each time. I hear they pay their workers very well (managers can make six figures).
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it better than Cue's Burger in Houston?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Is it better than Cue's Burger in Houston?
No idea.

It's probably not the best burger there is, but for a cheap fast-food burger, nothing else I've had is even close.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote