cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling

Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Trek has been hurt by all this publicity. Really.

So when did you become a company man?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I want the truth dammit!

I want that cocksucker to go down!!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #13
Archaea

So because there are no good souls, you want everybody to go down. No salvation from the likes of you.

And if by a holy miracle such as the Holy Hand Grenade, he is innocent, you wouldn't want that. Got it.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

You and I both know, deep down, that Armstrong doped. And he lied about it.

If he did not dope, good for him. But that's just not realistic.

For heaven's sake, he was known to have used the services of a notorious doping doc in Europe. A fired female aide accused him of doping. Remember the TDF where he wouldn't let a guy get into a breakaway because he had was a doping "snitch"? He is a bully and a liar.

It's time for this grand lie to come crashing down.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Archaea

No, I am hoping for two things. Do I believe it's strongly probable he did something? Yes.

But I am hoping that somebody out there is good and clean. So the small part of innocence hopes not all are crooked. You want to be proven correct that no good person exists. I want, like Abraham, to find five good persons in Sodom.

And, I like the American presumption of innocent until proven guilty. I realize that's not true in the court of public opinion, but it provides some comfort to me.

Those are my two hopes. Even if Armstrong used enhancers, he did race remarkably against cancer. So if he is proven to have done what his competitors did, you and others like you will only remember the drops of liquid, not the hard work. He is also documented to have a regimented work schedule, to devoting himself solely to the Tour and to restructuring how one trained for the Tour because of his cancer. Those things are what he should be remembered for. In light of that structure would it surprise me if he also added enhancers? No. But the smallest part of innocence hopes he was simply some Those are my two hopes. Even if Armstrong used enhancers, he did race remarkably against cancer. So if he is proven to have done what his competitors did, you and others like you will only remember the drops of liquid, not the hard work. He is also documented to have a regimented work schedule, to devoting himself solely to the Tour and to restructuring how one trained for the Tour because of his cancer. Those things are what he should be remembered for. In light of that structure would it surprise me if he also added enhancers? No. But the smallest part of innocence hopes he was simply some superman.

Quote:
Armstrong's attorneys have said the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has been trying to broker deals with cyclists who testify or produce evidence against Armstrong. If those riders have used performance-enhancing drugs, they could receive reduced punishment, Armstrong's attorneys have said.
More riders are expected to meet with the grand jury as early as next week, people close to the investigation told The Times.
"We understand that riders may be being offered sweetheart deals to change testimony that they have given in the past, under oath," Daly said. "The power of the federal government is being abused to pursue dated and discredited allegations, and that's flat-out wrong, unethical, un-American, and a waste of taxpayer dollars."
Those tactics bother me.

Last edited by Archaea; 08-06-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Yes, this is the same argument used in support of Barry Bonds.

"He still had to hit the ball, didn't he?"

Those good people you are looking for? You won't find them on the podium. You will find them driven out of the sport for their poor performances. Relative to the cheaters.

Cheat the fans, cheat the sponsors, cheat your colleagues, and ultimately, cheat yourself.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
Archaea

Do you believe Trek feels cheated?

It sounds as if you're more interested in being vindicated in your beliefs than in truth. If the truth were he's completely innocent, how loudly would you sing his praises?

And are you in favor of obtaining the "truth" through whatever illegal or dishonest means are possible?

Through illegal leaks used to disparage his reputation?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Trek benefitted from the scam.

If Lance is innocent, good for him. But ain't gonna happen. They are going to find the money trail that leads to the drugs.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #19
Archaea

No scam at all.

If enhancers were in place, just part of the training. Cycling requires hard work. The enhancers allow one to recover more quickly or to get better results from training.

When are you going to get on the bandwagon about Lemond's cheating or Hinault's?

1989 would not have happened without Lemond using EPO's of the day. It was common knowledge that Lemond cheated.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

You are presenting the exact same argument as the cheaters in baseball. "Helped me recover."

You are the Rafael Palmeiro of Cougarguard.