cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve
Default Homosexuals are ruining Halloween!

Just received this email from the Obispo:

Last night, all stake presidents in California were asked by Elders Ballard, Clayton, and Dalton, to eliminate any competing interest over the next 7 days, so members can devote their maximum effort to the passing of Proposition 8. Therefore, the stake Trunk or Treat scheduled for Thursday night, October 30th, has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope that you will use the time you would have been at Trunk or Treat to get involved in a sign event, calling center, or other Proposition 8 activity. We hope that you and your children will enjoy trick-or-treating together in your neighborhoods on Halloween night.

Thank you,

The Stake Primary Presidency

I have already spoken to my 3 year old triplets. They have been excited about trunk or treat for over a month. They took the news rather well and are supportive of our efforts to go stand on the corner with a sign asking cars to vote against gay marriage.

I am just grateful elections are in early November instead of the last week of December.

Interesting that the first real tangible negative effect of all of this is that the Ward takes away Trunk or Treat from the kids.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote