cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default home improvement..

i'm reporting my home improvement.

i've torn out all the fitzers in the front yard. it filled up a 30 yard trailer.. holy crap! i'm going to replace the areas with sod which should open up the front yard a little bit and add some curb appeal.

we also painted the stucco trim around the garage and windows from a reddish color to a cocoa brown. the main color is a cream stucco with some brick on the side. we've also painted the front railing and lamp post out front a brown to tie it all together.

this home has been through a lot i think. it used to have a fenced in front yard with a pot bellied pig roaming around. now there is all new sod and we'll only keep one planting bed near the entry. I've replace the outdoor lighting fixtures. I'm leveling out all the other planting beds in the front and adding more sod and that should complete the front of the house landscaping. on the one planting bed we'll have which is actually pretty big we are putting down the tarp stuff and mulch with a few box woods and places for flowers cut into it.

the house has lots of possibilities for additions and fun stuff to do with it... of course that takes money which we don't have, but i guess dreaming about what you could do is part of the fun of being a home owner..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
i
we also painted the stucco trim around the garage and windows from a reddish color to a cocoa brown. the main color is a cream stucco with some brick on the side. we've also painted the front railing and lamp post out front a brown to tie it all together.
A nice rug can really tie a room together.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
OK, I like hyrum now.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
we've got that covered in the family room.. great suggestion. lol.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
FMCoug

FMCoug

What's a fitzer?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
What's a fitzer?
It's an old pine shrub type thing that was popular in the 50's and 60's... you must not be old enough to know..

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
It's an old pine shrub type thing that was popular in the 50's and 60's... you must not be old enough to know..
Must be a Utah thing.

but google doesn't know either. All it came up with were restaurants by that name.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Must be a Utah thing.

but google doesn't know either. All it came up with were restaurants by that name.
you know, it very well could be a utah thing and only old people like my dad would know what it is... maybe BYU71 knows too. he seems old.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
bYuPride

here is your fitzer FM..

[img src="http://69.90.174.248/photos/display_pic_with_logo/9534/9534,1124901465,9.jpg"][/img]

"I'm on my beater bike"

Last edited by bYuPride; 04-22-2008 at 07:09 PM.