cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A little story to brighten the Holidays..

The littlest jingle bell was sad. It was Christmas Eve and all the other jingle bells in The Jingle Bell Store had been sold, but him. He so wanted to be a part of somebody's holiday celebration, but nobody seemed to want him.

As the day came to a close, the littlest jingle bell was feeling worse and worse. "Why doesn't anyone want to buy me?" he cried. "I know I'm small, but I can jingle as loud as any of the other jingle bells that were in this store."

Suddenly, a man burst into The Jingle Bell Store. He looked at the owner of the store and said "The jingle bell on my kid's Christmas stocking is lost. I need another one. Please tell me you have one here."

"Well," said the owner of the store, "I do have one jingle bell left. It's small, but you may find that it will suffice."

The owner of the store placed the littlest jingel bell on the counter. The man looked at it in disbelief and said "You've got to be kidding me. That's too small and not loud enough," and promptly walked out of the store.

Just as he left, a woman walked into the store and asked the store owner "I know it's late Christmas Eve, but do you happen to have any jingle bells left? One of my Christmas ornaments is missing and I need to replace it before the party at my house. Please tell me that you have one left."

The owner of the shop answered "You're in luck. I have one jingle bell left that just may be what you need, especially in a dire situation like yours." He placed the littlest jingle bell on the counter for the woman to see.

"There's no way I can use a jingle bell like that. It's way too small and it isn't loud enough." and she left the store.

Now, the littlest jingle bell was more sad than he'd ever felt that day. Nobody wanted him and the store was about to close. He was going to have to wait until next year, but he'd much rather have found a home for this Christmas.

Just as the store owner was about to turn off the lights amd go home for the evening, Santa Claus walked into The Jingle Bell Store. He didn't look as jolly as you'd think Santa would look - it was as if there was something was troubling him.

He looked at the store owner and said "One of the jingle bells on Dasher's collar is gone. It fell off somewhere betweenhere and the North Pole. I have to replace it. Please tell me that you a jingle bell left in your store."

The store owner said to Santa "Well, I do have one jingle bell left,"...

"I'll take it," interrupted Santa.

"But Santa, this jingle bell is much too small for you. You're Santa Claus. You need a jingle bell that is larger and louder that will help you do your job," said the store owner.

"Ho, ho, ho," laughed Santa. "I'm Santa Claus. No jongle bell is too small for Santa Claus!"

The littlest jingle bell was so happy, because Santa was right! No jingle bell is too small for Santa. He jingled for joy because he knew that though he was small, he was going to have the best home of any of the other jingle bells. He was going to be one of Santa's jingle bell. He'd never been happier.

The store owner placed the littlest jingle bell on the counter. Santa picked it up, looked at it carefully and put it back down on the counter.

"You're right," he said. "This jingle bell is too small," and walked out of the store.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Thanks il Padrino, I needed that.

Just when I was about to be overcome by holiday cheer, you share that story and bring me back to the ground.

What do you think - 1 lump of coal or 2 for you this year?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, my personal best is three lumps...

but I want to go for the record and get no less than four.

What can I say? I'm a Holidays kind of guy.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well, my personal best is three lumps...

My favorite part was the "Go Utes!" at the end -- somehow seemed to tie the whole story together for me.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote