cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default From the Jazz Off-Season...

From the surprise department, Matt Harpring had surgery with complications...

Quote:
Matt Harpring also dealt with some serious health issues.
After undergoing routine surgery to remove a bone spur from his ankle, Harpring developed a strep infection, which necessitated keeping an open IV line to his heart and daily doses of antibiotics for four weeks.
"With that infection, there is a lot of pain," Harpring said. "It's no joke."
Harpring is "better" heading to training camp, but said the infection "got into the joint and the tendons and everything. It really reeked some havoc down there. . . . I'm glad I still have some time" to fully recover before the season starts.

Jarron Collins was a clumsy idiot... only this time off the court
Quote:
During an early-morning round of golf in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles, Jarron was driving a cart on a steep downhill slope. As he applied the brakes, the cart skidded and hit a speed bump.
"We completely lost all control and flipped over," said Collins. "My brother banged his arm on the ground and I came down on top of him."

And amazingly enough, a few players came to came in good shape, including Okur and Brewer:
Quote:
Sloan specifically complimented Okur and Brewer for their offseason physical progress.

While talking about Brewer, the 20-year coach guesstimated his starting shooting guard added 20-25 pounds of muscle mass (about half that is likelier a more accurate amount, but he wasn't trying to win a guess-the-weight contest).

"His arms look bigger," Sloan said. "So give him a lot of credit for that."

Sloan also dished out props for how Okur made his weight head in the other direction. He was impressed while watching Okur, and other players, scrimmage against each other over the past couple of weeks.

"He's worked hard ... and I think he wants to do well," Sloan said.
The two main story lines from Utah though have to be how healthy Deron Williams is, and what the hell is going on with Boozer... can he pull his head out and play to his potential, or will his playoff-Olympic slump continue?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote