cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default Possible Recruit (my brother)

Thought I would share this with this board, it needs some football news. So here is an exclusive:

My brother got back from a mission in March and has spent the time since then getting in shape, putting on about 25 lbs. So he is 6 1 and 225.
He is currently a RS Freshman at a JC and is going through fall camp, and is now the starting MLB.

For testing he ran a 4.7 40, electronic timed, what ever that means. They adjusted it to a 4.45, which it would have been hand timed. 40 times are so dumb anyway, but he is quick. He also benched 225 21 times. Nothing like Tahi did this year, but not too bad for a guy that is 5 months removed from a mission.

So we will see how he does and where he goes next year. As of right now he is planning on playing one year and walkin on a the Y. I'll update on this board as things progress.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info.

the way to make this totally *inside inside* is to tell us his name.

good luck to your bro.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He also benched 225 21 times

That's impressive stuff. Even better than Fusnik!
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default Update on my brother

He made it though fall camp unscathed. Wish we could say the same thing for the Ys dbs. Anywho.

He is starting this fri in their first game against Air Force JV. He has been moved to strongside LB because of the lack of depth there and because he is quick enough to defend the option, but should go back to starting in the middle once some guys get back from injuries. At least he is versitile.

I will be seeing him this weekend and should get a good update on how things are going. I do know that he has talked multiple times to a BYU coach who wants him to enroll in winter semester for spring ball, but he is keeping his options open right now.

Football can't come soon enough.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote