cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ute B-ball players need to keep their hair trimmed?

Did I hear that correctly on the news the other night? Coach Boylen wants academics in order, suits for away games, and to keep their hair neatly trimmed?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Did I hear that correctly on the news the other night? Coach Boylen wants academics in order, suits for away games, and to keep their hair neatly trimmed?
Yes you heard that one right. Either neatly trimmed or it must be braided.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is a good sign.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I'm really gaining some serious respect for Coach Boylen.

Very upfront with Calasan that there wasn't a place for him at Utah after Giac recruited him and releasing and then throwing the hammer down on Deane regardless of father's sway and others in the program.

Boylen seems to really know what he's doing.

I fear the Utes are going to be good again for a quite awhile.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Yes you heard that one right. Either neatly trimmed or it must be braided.
Just wanted to make sure... one of my Ute friends was playing the freedom of choice card vs. the Honor Code (no choice card) at BYU. Saying how 19-20 year old kids should be allowed to have a shag or a goatee if they wanted. BYU limits the choice of personal expression by not allowing facial hair, etc.

I then ask him about the NY Yankees and enforcing the same rules for their organization and of course I get the.. Well they are professionals... that's their job and they get paid for it..

I respond with a free education and then he always finishes the same argument with... Well, then we'll just have to agree to disagree then. It makes me laugh evertime when he doesn't have anything left to say he'll drop the same line everytime....
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
mpfunk

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure... one of my Ute friends was playing the freedom of choice card vs. the Honor Code (no choice card) at BYU. Saying how 19-20 year old kids should be allowed to have a shag or a goatee if they wanted. BYU limits the choice of personal expression by not allowing facial hair, etc.

I then ask him about the NY Yankees and enforcing the same rules for their organization and of course I get the.. Well they are professionals... that's their job and they get paid for it..

I respond with a free education and then he always finishes the same argument with... Well, then we'll just have to agree to disagree then. It makes me laugh evertime when he doesn't have anything left to say he'll drop the same line everytime....
It is funny because Majerus was very strict on this stuff too. Majerus didn't allow his players to do anything to draw attention to themselves. He never required his players to have their hair a certain way, but he always forbid tattoos and ear rings. If you look at the Majerus era, very few players ever had tattoos and those that did got them before they were at Utah. Cleveland was more lenient with tattoos than Majerus.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
It is funny because Majerus was very strict on this stuff too. Majerus didn't allow his players to do anything to draw attention to themselves. He never required his players to have their hair a certain way, but he always forbid tattoos and ear rings. If you look at the Majerus era, very few players ever had tattoos and those that did got them before they were at Utah. Cleveland was more lenient with tattoos than Majerus.

Majerus forbade his players to wear earrings and prohibited them from getting tatoos while attending utah? None of his players wore earrings off the court? As far as Cleveland being more lenient with tatoos, I'm assuming you are referring to Araujo getting some during the offseason... other than that? I'm not challenging your comment, just wondering how lenient Cleveland was...

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
mpfunk

Quote:
Majerus forbade his players to wear earrings and prohibited them from getting tatoos while attending utah? None of his players wore earrings off the court? As far as Cleveland being more lenient with tatoos, I'm assuming you are referring to Araujo getting some during the offseason... other than that? I'm not challenging your comment, just wondering how lenient Cleveland was...
Yes it was forbidden on and off the court to wear earrings. Cleveland was more lenient because he actually let players get them. Araujo got them as did Mekeli Wesley. No one at Utah got a tattoo under Majerus' watch.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
Yes it was forbidden on and off the court to wear earrings. Cleveland was more lenient because he actually let players get them. Araujo got them as did Mekeli Wesley. No one at Utah got a tattoo under Majerus' watch.
That's awesome.

"I'm on my beater bike"