cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default God bless the rivalry

The one between the fans that is.

Here is a response on CB to a post on Utefans.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2802056

The question, is there another rival program threatened by their rival more than the Utes are? Well, the only one I can think of might be BYU.

I think the poster on Ute fans made some real good points about our recruits and why the Utes shouldn't be threatened. However, it gets lost in all the crap about religion and Gods team, etc. Of course, no Ute fan is going to call him on this on that site. It is called peer pressure censorship.

The back on forth on boards condemning the rival fans has one thing in common. They take a minority view and then make the generalization.

For instance, "most BYU fans bring religion into it". Duh, TBS doesn't represent most BYU fans. I dare say most BYU fans don't know who or what TBS stands for.

For those upset that Bronco brings religion into it, again duh. You better believe those recruiting against him bring religion into it. What I think Bronco is doing and I applaud it is emphasizing to these young kids what they are getting into. It isn't like any other place. None of them are going to have the excuse of , "I didn't know what this place was going to be like."

Utes, I wouldn't get too alarmed over all the LDS kids we are getting. We really aren't getting any higher rate than usual, just earlier. I would be concerned about the fact we are still recruiting non-LDS kids.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

The question, is there another rival program threatened by their rival more than the Utes are? Well, the only one I can think of might be BYU.

I think the poster on Ute fans made some real good points about our recruits and why the Utes shouldn't be threatened. However, it gets lost in all the crap about religion and Gods team, etc. Of course, no Ute fan is going to call him on this on that site. It is called peer pressure censorship.

The back on forth on boards condemning the rival fans has one thing in common. They take a minority view and then make the generalization.

For instance, "most BYU fans bring religion into it". Duh, TBS doesn't represent most BYU fans. I dare say most BYU fans don't know who or what TBS stands for.

For those upset that Bronco brings religion into it, again duh. You better believe those recruiting against him bring religion into it. What I think Bronco is doing and I applaud it is emphasizing to these young kids what they are getting into. It isn't like any other place. None of them are going to have the excuse of , "I didn't know what this place was going to be like."

Utes, I wouldn't get too alarmed over all the LDS kids we are getting. We really aren't getting any higher rate than usual, just earlier. I would be concerned about the fact we are still recruiting non-LDS kids.
There's a lot of energy there. I pay attention and make comparisons to Utah inasmuch as they are our most direct competitor, but I find most of this stuff very boring.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

90% of what I pay attention to is the Conf. championship, overall record and heads up score. In other words, what happens on the field.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

The only time I pay attention to the rivalry is when BYU has scoreboard.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

Well said, 71. It's much ado about nothing on both sides.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
The only time I pay attention to the rivalry is when BYU has scoreboard.
So, in other words, you're a zoob homer?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
So, in other words, you're a zoob homer?
This I cannot deny.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
This I cannot deny.