cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
fuegote

fuegote
Default Spurs are gone!

I usually don't care much for the NBA and their playoffs but must admit a hint of satisfaction last night as I saw "Cry Baby" Duncan illiminated.

I don't think he ever missed a shot where he didn't think he was fouled. and the way he pouts about it...makes me want to punch his face (and I'm not a violent man).

anyway, just thought I would post my satisfaction this morning.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welcome to the NBA...

I'm sorry, but I have to chime in here and stick up for Duncan. I understand that he looks for fouls and what not...but name me one player that doesnt. From Duncan to Dirk, LeBron to Kobe all the way down to Eric Snow and Raja Bell, they all act that way. One Cry Baby team beats another.

Interestingly enough, Duncan said it was the best series he's been a part of.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I was glad to see the Spurs lose. What a great game. Manu was both the hero and the goat. What was he thinking, fouling Dirk?

It was destiny for Dallas to beat these old men that have gotten noticeably slower (and are as boring as all get-out).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
COUGZ

COUGZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote
I usually don't care much for the NBA and their playoffs but must admit a hint of satisfaction last night as I saw "Cry Baby" Duncan illiminated.

I don't think he ever missed a shot where he didn't think he was fouled. and the way he pouts about it...makes me want to punch his face (and I'm not a violent man).

anyway, just thought I would post my satisfaction this morning.

Fuegote...you whiner...Duncan only cries about 1/2 as much as any soccer player does when he gets tapped on his shin.

That being said...I'm hoping for 7 game series in both cases with the Heat and Mavericks coming out on top. I would take the Suns as well.
COUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
fuegote

fuegote

If I could reach through my computer and step on your ankle cougz, I would.
:P

Did you catch the irony comment last night:

Michael Finley, can't beat the spurs when he plays for the Mavs...

can't beat the mavs when he plays for the spurs.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather
I'm sorry, but I have to chime in here and stick up for Duncan. I understand that he looks for fouls and what not...but name me one player that doesnt. From Duncan to Dirk, LeBron to Kobe all the way down to Eric Snow and Raja Bell, they all act that way. One Cry Baby team beats another.

Interestingly enough, Duncan said it was the best series he's been a part of.
Its been a long time since I've since seen a NBA player whine nearly as much as Duncan did during that series. You would think that he's never committed a foul in his whole career. It got old quick. He wasn't the only one on the team doing it made it, either. Parker was almost as bad and Ginobili was getting into the act as well. But Duncan was definitely the king.

Also, I disagree that they all act like that. I sure didn't see Dirk putting on a similar performance on the other side of the ball.

Nevertheless, it was a great series to watch. Tim was positively dominant in the middle and Ginobili played great(with the exception of that major brain fart near the end of the regulation in game 7 when he fouled Dirk). I think that it just came down to the Spurs not having as much footspeed as the Mavs.