cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #11
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
On a third note, Brady made your list? Holy crap. Granted, I hate the Pats and hate Tom Brady, but honestly, you put a number of the league's top QBs on those championship teams and they still win the championship. In my mind greatness is a player who changes the game, transcends it even and becomes bigger than the sport or league itself. Brady is not that.
in the salary cap era have you seen a qb guide his team to 3 super bowls in 4 years? two of which leading last minute drives to scores and wins? have you seen a more composed pocket qb? have you seen him play this year, willing that team to peak at the right time? he is the only qb in the league who can do what he does. dude is absolutely amazing, holy cow amazing. he hasnt lost a playoff game.

i dont see by your definition how brady hasnt transcending the game....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:13 AM   #12
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
On a third note, Brady made your list? Holy crap. Granted, I hate the Pats and hate Tom Brady, but honestly, you put a number of the league's top QBs on those championship teams and they still win the championship. In my mind greatness is a player who changes the game, transcends it even and becomes bigger than the sport or league itself. Brady is not that.
I couldn't disagree more. This is a kid second only to Montana when it comes to winning the biggest games. When all is said and done, he may have more rings than Joe. I also don't buy the argument that if you put a number of the league's top QB's on his teams they win too. The fact is that he was there and he won. What anyone else would do, we can't really know. But we do know that Bledsoe was there when he was a top QB and he never got it done.
Bledsoe was never a top QB. Bledsoe is like a BYU QB in the pros. Big, gaudy numbers, 300+ yards ppg but has nothing to show for it. Vinatieri has as much to do with the Pats success as Brady does.

Honestly, Manning, McNabb, Culpepper, etc all would have won those championships had they been on the Pats team. You don't need a great QB to win it all. Look at Dilfer and Johnson in recent years. The Pats are just solid on both sides of the ball. Excellent special teams play. They have the best coach. They have the benefit of playing in a weak division and playing in Foxboro where home field advantage becomes a major factor after October. Brady is a good manager. But he's still only the 3rd best QB in the league, maybe.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It's a good thing Brady had Adam Vinatieri having his back making those kicks or else he'd be talked about in the same breath as Jim Kelly.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote