cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lakers vs. Suns

why is it so easy to hate the lakers and Ko-me?

i loathe them so.. go Suns!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:31 AM   #2
Fish

Fish is an unknown quantity at this point

Today, I heard an NBA analyst talking about KG potentially going to the Lakers next year. That would make me puke. But, hey, maybe Kobe would get jealous of KG like he did with Shaq and run him out of town too. They can always ship him up to Portland. We could use one talented guy who isn't a pot-head, rapist, or drunkard on our team. Go JailBlazers
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

On the contrary I find it very difficult.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Last night, the Suns missed their shots, the Lakers didn't. I'm fine with that. The only thing that makes me mad is that play where Kobe dunked on (and charged) Nash after a broken play and a steal by Odom. The Daily Quickie guy at ESPN.com is acting like it was the best dunk ever and shows how AWESOME Kobe is. Quote:

link to article

Quote:
Two Words For You:
THE. DUNK.

Credit Steve Nash with two MVP awards this year. There's the traditional "Most Valuable Player." And then there's this:

"Most Viciously Posterized."

Oh my goodness: Kobe dunked on Nash so nasty last night with 3 minutes to go to put the Lakers up 9, you could feel Bryant's fury:

• At having lost MVP to Nash (you just know that was in the back of his mind).

• At shooting 7-for-21 in a personally humiliating Game 1 loss to the Suns.

• At inspiring his teammates to realize that they would win this game, shocking the Suns in Phoenix and tying their series 1-1.

The Dunk was a symbol for LA's surprisingly aggressive win, holding Phoenix to 34 pct 1st-half FG shooting that the Suns never really recovered from.

The only thing The Dunk didn't do was capture Kobe's restraint during the rest of the game:

Contrary to pregame theory that his shot count would explode, he shot only 24 times (making 12) and didn't carry the team as much as lead it.

Whether you love or loathe Kobe (or perhaps have an allergy to Nash winning that 2nd MVP), the move symbolized all that can be great about Kobe: Athleticism, will and, yes, I'll concede: leadership.

ESPN Motion Click here to see the video of the dunk, which will surely go down among the all-time great facials even if the Lakers lose the series.
Okay, first off, the replay CLEARLY shows that Nash was set and outside the restricted area when Kobe plows over him. Even the TV announcers said it was clearly a charge, and when that happens, you KNOW it was a bad call.

Secondly, even if Nash wasn't set, he's a 6-foot-nothing white guy. How is dunking on a small Canadian point guard impressive?

I have to give Kobe props for staying within Phil's gameplan... I only saw him take a couple questionable shots. He was definitely more of a help to his team than he has been in the past.

That said, it's not like he dunked on Mutombo or Mourning or Ben Wallace, here. We need to keep things in perspective.

Sorry, Daily Quickie guy, this will not end up going down as "one of the all-time greatest facials." Wow.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
why is it so easy to hate the lakers and Ko-me?

i loathe them so.. go Suns!
Wow Kobe played unbelievable last night. As a Laker hater I found myself rooting for Kobe and the Lakers last night. They played physical, they played tough, Kobe played within the framework of the game, they look like a team that could make a serious run in the playoffs....

Has anyone seen a player elevate such a crappy team to such a high level of play? Need we forget three weeks ago, before the Lakers closed with a furry, they were in a battle for the eigth spot with the Kings, Jazz, and Hornets....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
livecoug

i can never bring myself to cheer for the lakers... it's like cheering for the yewts.. that "block" on Nash was an awful call.. I want Ko-me to go away
Old 04-28-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like Kobe, but the dude can play.

I really wonder if they were to do some DNA testing, would we find out who Kobe's father really is? Jeallybean Bryant played with Dr. J in Philly.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Angry

Kobe is so dirty.

Flagrant foul called on Walton, Jr. a few players are staring each other down, and Kobe comes in and starts pushing.

And Diaw is assesed a technical foul.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #9
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Raja Bell is the dirtiest player on the court in this series. He's creeping up onto my most hated NBA player list.

The Suns frustration is clearly evident and it looks like it will take a Kobe like offensive performance from Nash for the Suns to win. If the Lakers continue to stick to the gameplan they should win this series.

If Tim Thomas is hurt and can't go, the Suns are done.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #10
livecoug

i hate game 4.. that was disgusting.. not that the lakers were dirty, but just that they won.. they are loathsome..