cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Transformers is totally unrealistic

America's two top computer hacks are a hot blonde chick and a hip, funny black guy? It's hard to enjoy a movie that's so blatantly unrealistic.

If you have kids and are forced to take them to the movies, this is not a terrible choice, but if you go see it on your own, you are probably a loser.

I don't know why they felt they needed 2.5 hours to tell a story of good transformers saving Earth from bad transformers. I should be a Hollywood movie exec. I dont have any creative ability, but I guarantee I could improve every movie ever made. It's just too obvious some of this stuff. 2.5 hours for Transformers??

Also I had to look up the brunette hot chick that was portrayed as a high school student to make sure I wasn't turning into a pedophile. She's 21. phew!
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
jay santos

P.S. I didn't stay till the end of the closing credits, but I'm pretty sure not very many people at the showing I went to did. If they did, I highly doubt there was a collective groan at the realization the show was finally over with no additional scenes.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Meagan Fox is the 'brunette hot chick' and people are saying that she is the next Angelina Jolie. Tattoos and attitude, I guess thats where the comparisons come from.

I am going to Transformers this weekend and I hope I enjoy it more than you apparently did.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Kyle on South Park says, "Job has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making movies. There isn't a God."
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

You mean a movie about cars that transform into monsters isn't realistic? Say it ain't so.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Meagan Fox is the 'brunette hot chick' and people are saying that she is the next Angelina Jolie. Tattoos and attitude, I guess thats where the comparisons come from.

I am going to Transformers this weekend and I hope I enjoy it more than you apparently did.
I didn't hate the movie. My post was mostly TIC. It was 40 minutes too long, though, and that's such a no-brainer it's frustrating that Hollywood continues to get things this obvious this wrong.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
You mean a movie about cars that transform into monsters isn't realistic? Say it ain't so.
That part was fine. It was just the hot blonde/rapper programming team that I couldn't get past.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
That part was fine. It was just the hot blonde/rapper programming team that I couldn't get past.
With a completely unrealistic movie, you want to look at short, fat, ugly pimply white guys?

Shia LaBoef, and the cute blonde chick, together with the explosions made the movie.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
With a completely unrealistic movie, you want to look at short, fat, ugly pimply white guys?

Shia LaBoef, and the cute blonde chick, together with the explosions made the movie.
Cute blonde chick (Australian accent programmer) or cute brunette chick lead role? Blonde chick was cute but annoying. Brunette lead role chick was... uh yeah she was hot and definitely helped make the movie tolerable.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #10
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got back from watching Transformers. Seems like everyone I talked to who saw it loved it.

I give it a B+. The action scenes and special effects were A+, but there were a few just corny and random things, holes in the plot, etc. that kept it from an A.

Really good, but not a GREAT film.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote