cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #51
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
This is why Deron is not in the same league as CP3. It's the second round. Paul is dominating, and Deron is disappearing.
And the broken record award goes to Mike.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #52
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Kobe showing tonight clearly why he is the MVP. He was absolutely awesome tonight. 11 of 18 from the floor and 9 of 10 from the line. Add to that 7 assists and 6 boards (or vice versa) and he has had a great game. Honestly, Kobe has been great, he has hit next to impossible shots.
He was awesome. But it was the unreal shooting percentage of the Laker team overall that was the difference. Everyone was hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
If he keeps playing like that, the Lakers may not lose a game all playoffs.
Uh... sure. Have you considered doing color for TNT? You would fit right in.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #53
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

The Jazz defense is slow in transition. Their bigs can't hang with the Lakers. Boozer has never played defense. AK can't guard everyone. The Jazz defense is about physicality. The refs took that away from them in Game 1. It's no wonder that the Lakers have shot so well. Things will be much tougher though for the Lakers in SLC.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #54
Surfah
Master

Man I love the meltdown on CB when the Lakers beat the Jazz. It has me in stitches right now.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #55
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I just don't see how the Jazz plan on matching up with the Lakers. If they double Kobe, he now has proven that he will pass to the open cutter or spot shooter. Gasol usually benefits and gets his 20+. If they double Gasol, Kobe carves up the defense and draws fouls. And nobody seems to care to pay much attention to Lamar, as he quietly gets 19 and 16!

This series is over. It may take 6 games, but it is over. The Jazz have zero shot at winning this.

The biggest surprise in this series has been Deron. He has basically sucked. His stats and performance and good, but unacceptable for someone who is knocking on stardom's door. Fisher has made him look silly. Deron finished with 25 points tonight, almost 10 of them in complete garbage time. he needs to figure it out in the first quarter, not the last 5 minutes of the 4th.

Millsap, on the other hand....dude, when does that guy become a free agent?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #56
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Lakers in 5. Oh well. Better luck next year.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #57
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Fisher has made him look silly. Deron finished with 25 points tonight, almost 10 of them in complete garbage time.
Broken record.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #58
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Broken record.
I don't mind. I enjoy this kind of music.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #59
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just don't see how the Jazz plan on matching up with the Lakers. If they double Kobe, he now has proven that he will pass to the open cutter or spot shooter. Gasol usually benefits and gets his 20+. If they double Gasol, Kobe carves up the defense and draws fouls. And nobody seems to care to pay much attention to Lamar, as he quietly gets 19 and 16!

This series is over. It may take 6 games, but it is over. The Jazz have zero shot at winning this.

The biggest surprise in this series has been Deron. He has basically sucked. His stats and performance and good, but unacceptable for someone who is knocking on stardom's door. Fisher has made him look silly. Deron finished with 25 points tonight, almost 10 of them in complete garbage time. he needs to figure it out in the first quarter, not the last 5 minutes of the 4th.

This is my take on things. If you want to beat the Lakers, it has to be with Kobe either going for 40 and few assists, or going for 20 and 10 assists. You can't let him get 34 points and create as many scoring opportunities for his teammates as he has done the last two games. It's a tough task with as well as Kobe is playing. I hate the guy, but he is playing fantastic basketball right now.

I honestly think that Williams and Boozer are hurt and are playing on fumes right now. With Boozer hurt, or playing poorly, or whatever, the Jazz bigs are struggling. 'Sap played well tonight. Memo has played decent, but with Boozer unable to command the attention he needs to in the post, Memo has had to rush things on the perimeter. He isn't getting good looks. And the Jazz aren't hitting their jump shots. You watch, and every player with the exception of Korver and at times Williams, Lakers are sagging into the paint saying shoot.

I had felt before the series started that the Lakers would win. The Jazz peaked about a month ago, when they were unconscious from the 3 for a 4 game stretch. They're banged up and tired now. I hope they play better and at least make it a respectable series, but I'd put their chances of winning it now down to slim.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #60
Surfah
Master

Quote:

I'm anxious to see how the Lakers play on Friday. They need to get on the Jazz early and take the crowd out of it like they did in March. I hope they do.